I need to ruin a computer without it being known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they own PIIs, taking off the heatsink will not fry the CPU. It's going to slow down.

i want a laptop said:
he he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say, unplug all of the fans!!!!!!!!!!

and then plug them back in after the comp is dead, then the IT guy won't know it was you. That would be the best way, because pulling crap off of the board the IT guys might see...or ya, magnets...or water!

that's what i was gonna suggest. Disconnect all the fans, plug up any air holes and then just see if it will overheat and destroy itself. haha

Raffaz said:
Yeah great advice guys, just tell him how to trash his company computers. Its not right no matter how you lot look at it. And alot of you should know better.
Agreed......

If you want a faster computer, why don't you see if you can get your employer to maybe buy some more ram for it, or maybe a better processor (if available). Those are decently cost effective ways to upgrade a pc.

Tommy Boy said:
Agreed......

If you want a faster computer, why don't you see if you can get your employer to maybe buy some more ram for it, or maybe a better processor (if available). Those are decently cost effective ways to upgrade a pc.

Cheers man, thanks for actually backing me up, tried to give ya rep, but i need to spread it round. I dont understand why this hasnt been closed by a mod, how they can see this post as acceptable by me is a joke, and it gives other technicians a bad name. Shocking!

I think it's completely acceptable. We are merely brainstorming and throwing ideas out there, it's fun. If he does it, it's his problem if he gets caught, not ours here at CF.

Think of it this way....you know when you have a really old dog that isn't quite working the way he should anymore and he's really dragging around...you put him to sleep to stop his suffering. See, we are just euthenizing the PC, we are helping not hurting.

LOL...i crack myself up

put allitle water near important parts of the motherboard/cpu/hd

block all air holes with tape or something including the psu fan for xtream overheating

pulling the plug while flashing the BIOS is probably the best way to do it. No physical damage, but the computer wont boot either. Water might leave a residue or something, taking off the heatsink will just let the processor throttle, and overvolting....well, you'll smell something funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom