Quick Overclocking Help Opteron 165 (Rep 4 ya)

Try increasing the vcore a little bit. To 1.4v or 1.45v. You could try increasing the chipset voltage a little too. That might help because you are starting to get a pretty high FSB.

Also the memory is fine where it's at. When it's asking for the memory speed that is just a divider.

Alright I tried that,

I changed the Voltage to 1.45

and upped the FSB to 290

Windows Wont load....

I restart crank the voltage to 1.55

Windows Still wont load.

I restart and lower the voltage to stock

and Move the FSB to 280

And here i am.

The multiplier is locked at 9x, right? I couldn't remember if it was or not. If it isn't, try lowering the multiplier to 8x and putting the FSB to 290. If it doesn't boot, your motherboard most likely can't handle that high of an FSB. But whether or not you can test that to see if it's the culprit, I think that is indeed the problem. That's really high. The best thing I could think of doing is raising the motherboard's voltage(s) little by little. I guess that would be the "nForce4 Voltage?" If you don't feel safe doing that, it looks like you can't go higher. But don't go just by me; wait for some other suggestions to fly in. That's just all I could think of...sorry. I'm almost certain your processor isn't maxed, as that's a very good stepping. Good luck with it.

LambOfGod said:
Actually it depends on certain machines, on this particular one you can leave the power in, move the jumper to the CLRCMOS position and power it on, then move it back to the original and your good to go.

Anyway you should re-read my original post, i'm not asking how to clear BIOS.

You dont need to power your pc up when clearing the BIOS, all you need to do is short the pins, nothing more

THEpiGUY said:
The multiplier is locked at 9x, right? I couldn't remember if it was or not. If it isn't, try lowering the multiplier to 8x and putting the FSB to 290. If it doesn't boot, your motherboard most likely can't handle that high of an FSB. But whether or not you can test that to see if it's the culprit, I think that is indeed the problem. That's really high. The best thing I could think of doing is raising the motherboard's voltage(s) little by little. I guess that would be the "nForce4 Voltage?" If you don't feel safe doing that, it looks like you can't go higher. But don't go just by me; wait for some other suggestions to fly in. That's just all I could think of...sorry. I'm almost certain your processor isn't maxed, as that's a very good stepping. Good luck with it.
That's a good suggestion. I forgot to mention that. You should check the max FSB of your motherboard by doing what he suggested.

Alright, I Tried

8X multiplier and 290 FSB and my PC wouldnt boot.

SO then i loosened the RAM timings as much as i could.

No i am going to try again.

keep the suggestions coming

8x at 290 and it wouldn't boot...and it booted with 9x at 280? Your motherboard is almost definitely holding it back then. The best thing to do here is up the voltage of the motherboard, whether it's the southbridge, the northbridge, or both.

And even though your timings are way high, try putting them at normal or just a little bit looser than normal and setting it to DDR200. May not make a difference, but it could. I'd suggest upping the voltage(s) of your motherboard first. Just don't go crazy :D little by little. I'd stop at 1.6, but I don't know where a good safe spot is. Mine's at 1.6, I believe; it won't go any higher.

EDIT: And please, raise the voltage at your own risk...don't blame me if you ruin your motherboard. I'm not saying you will, but I just don't want you doing everything I say if you don't feel comfortable with it. That's just the logical thing to do in this situation, but I don't know what kind of voltages that motherboard can handle.

OK i dropped the Ram to DDR 333

and i was able to set My FSB to 300

That= 2.7 GHZ

i am checking for stability now.

I am at stock voltage also.

Seems to be stable

I tighented my ram timings.

i picked up 1600 Points in 3d Mark 03.

I am pretty happy with that.

I may be able to tighten the Ram timings even more though,

THEpiGUY said:
8x at 290 and it wouldn't boot...and it booted with 9x at 280? Your motherboard is almost definitely holding it back then. The best thing to do here is up the voltage of the motherboard, whether it's the southbridge, the northbridge, or both.

snip snip

No northbridge on AMD ;) Memory controller is integrated in the processor. And southbridge is NEVER the memory controller.

@ LambofGod: stock cooling I'm assuming?

Back
Top Bottom