I need to ruin a computer without it being known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the heatsink off the CPU maybe? I like some of the other suggestions better...
LambOfGod said:
shut down the PC in the middle of flashing of the BIOS
UK31337 said:
ocelot said:
Turn Computer off
Flip PSU switch from 120 to 240
Turn Back On
Dont know if it will fry it, but always wondered :D
You're better doing that while the machine is still turned on, if you really want to cook everything inside it.
And to expand on that, try flipping it back and forth a lot really fast while it's on.

Just curiously, how old is this computer?

Yeah, that's a good idea. Ghetto rig the CPU fan so it doesn't spin by sticking something into it. Then it gets hot, bam--dead. Remove the stick or whatever was preventing the fan from spinning. Evidence removed, no traces of sabotage, done deal and everyone's happy.

The computer we are trying to brake is fairly old. Its very low on proc speed, RAM, and the hard drive is very small. We aren't trying to ruin all the computers in our office, just one. I am liking the ideas of sabotaging the fans so the processor overheats, and i think i'll spray a little water in there so it dries out as it over heats. thanks for all the help.

Yeah, the water stuff is pretty good. You know those little spary bottles we use? Just get some water in there or whatever checical you want and give it a spray (directly on the motherboard and anywhere else that has a whole bunch of electrical circuits.

lol watch u dont get cought
but id suggest just wedge somthing between the cpu fan and take it out when the cpu fries
that or just take of the fna and head sink and remove the heat pad or thermel grease

take out the RAM, then set it back in so only one half is locked in place, the other side is not in. board and ram will fry, and when you power down the comptuer and allow it to cool, re-seat the ram and they won't know.

celegorm said:
take out the RAM, then set it back in so only one half is locked in place, the other side is not in. board and ram will fry, and when you power down the comptuer and allow it to cool, re-seat the ram and they won't know.

it could happen.. but not always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom