this any good?

Sorry, I'm thinking Pal...since thats where I live.
And NTSC is actually 29.97 Fps...somehow :p

With the OLED screen the device uses, videos won't really be that good anyway, but to answer the question:

"System specifications
Storage capacities: 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB
Supported audio: MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM, Audible, WAV
Supported video: Motion JPEG (15 fps)
Extras: FM tuner, photo viewer, voice recorder, line-in recording, organizer, removable disk
Dimensions: 2.7" x 1.7" x 0.6"
Weight: 1.6 ounces"

So it looks like from the specs, since it only uses a OLED screen, its capped at 15fps, running off a JPG animation to keep sizes down with videos.

Its an MP3 player at heart anyway. Its not truely meant for videos.
If thats what you wanted, a Zen Vision M (320x240 screen) or a Zen Vision W (640x480 screen) would have been better for you.

well the minimalistic style works great for me, it takes one minute of getting used to, you have the joystick which clicks as well as moves menus back and forth. the only bad thing about the player is that if you have a long list of tracks to browse through you have to hold down the joystick button, they have made options so that it will be quicker for you to browse (browse by letter) but it doesnt go as fast as the ipod circular motion thing does. movies play at 15fps and its really not worth it, i mean what kind of video can you actually watch at that small size. the player is also very small and light, this is good, but you WILL drop it a few times when you hold it at first. its also amazingly scratch resistant, i've fallen asleep on top of the player had it in my jeans pocket with box cutters and such and it doesnt have single scratch. although its very shinny and has a nice finish it will have loads of smudges on it from fingerprints. if you're looking for video go with the zen vision m, or the toshiba gigabeat

you might as well buy an ipod if you really wanna watch videos... or some type of smart phone... of if you must..............................................a zune...

so could you tell me a bit more about it?

like nice color ? easy to nav? how long to charge it?

The NAV is great with the joystick,the GUI is quite good looking 2.You cant play games on it.The music quality is GR8! The overall desighn is good to,sturdy and tough.You charge it through the pc,unless you buy a charger for it.Im not too sure how long it takes to charge though.My player is white with green Trim,im kicking my self becasue i should have gotten Black with blue trim.

Aye Creatives have a lovely music playback.
I find with my PX 100 headphones, if I have Trance music ripped at 320kps to keep all the bass, I don't evem have to have EQ or added bass on, on my Zen Vision M.

I'm pretty sure the EQ would use up more battery than playing 320kbps files.

But the EQ at Custom at 6,4,0,4,6 gives a really nice full feel without overdoing it.

Aye Creatives have a lovely music playback.
I find with my PX 100 headphones, if I have Trance music ripped at 320kps to keep all the bass, I don't evem have to have EQ or added bass on, on my Zen Vision M.

I'm pretty sure the EQ would use up more battery than playing 320kbps files.

But the EQ at Custom at 6,4,0,4,6 gives a really nice full feel without overdoing it.

The equalizer is pretty good,i dont use the custom EQ i just have it on ROCK EQ.The bundled earphones are pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom