Help Me decide WHat CPU to Get

Heh, actually HT is HyperTransport anyways, since Hyper-Threading is abbreviated HTT or Hyper-Threading Technology.

alvino said:
Heh, actually HT is HyperTransport anyways, since Hyper-Threading is abbreviated HTT or Hyper-Threading Technology.

hmm sooo many abbrevations lol.

are both HT and HTT used in AMDs machines, or which one is?

LambOfGod said:
My stepping is CCBBE 0616XPMW
Wewt! Very nice...that should be a good one. I'm envious. :p

LambOfGod said:
K default is supposed to be 5X i understand....

that means 1000MHZ
If you're not overclocking, set it to 5X. You want to keep the HT around 1000MHz (without going over by much), which is 5 x 200, your FSB. (<- I think...is it FSB or HTT: the number you're multiplying by 9 to get your total MHz...whichever of those, I get them mixed up.) But if you're at 250, it needs to be 4X or even 3X. Lower = more stable, and as a general rule you want to keep this really low to find your processor's max. 3X or maybe even 2X is what you want to be at until you find your processor's max. Chances are you'll rarely/never get into Windows with it at 5X @ 250+ FSB.

Also, try loosening your RAM timings and changing the divider so the RAM runs slower. This will put your RAM out of the question as to why you can't go higher. And feel free to up the voltage of the processor to 1.5-1.55 if you're on air cooling to get more out of it, as long as your temperatures are OK.

Good luck with the overclocking. That's possibly the best stepping you could've gotten. Congrats.

OK Here are some pics

MY CPU is NOT stable @ 2.53 GHZ right now
It will not Run 3d Mark 03.......

Here are some pics

I have tried to increase the voltage, but it wont let me go any higher than 283FSB, otherwise My windows will Blue screen.

We are almost at my goal... of 2.6

Alright I tried that,

I changed the Voltage to 1.45

and upped the FSB to 290

Windows Wont load....

I restart crank the voltage to 1.55

Windows Still wont load.

I restart and lower the voltage to stock

and Move the FSB to 280

And here i am.

you might want to lower the ram timings and/or set it on a divider. (or increase ram voltage, but I'd try the timings & divider first)
If you had a 66mhz increase at 2.2ghz it's already quite much.
So try messing with the ram settings and see how far you can go.

Alright, I Tried

8X multiplier and 290 FSB and my PC wouldnt boot.

SO then i loosened the RAM timings as much as i could.

No i am going to try again.

keep the suggestions coming

Back
Top Bottom