Is it possible to format just one of my drives

band-aid

Baseband Member
I've come to the conclusion that its high time I formatted my system. If I format only the drive that has the windows install on it will my data on my other two drives still be accessable and usable? I really don't want to have to back up 300 gigs of stuff if I can get away with just formatting the one 75 GB drive.

or you could just go into the command prompt window and type format c:/ or what ever drive you want

skullker said:
or you could just go into the command prompt window and type format c:/ or what ever drive you want

you can't delete the windows drive with that, because you are on windows. It's like deleting a game the same time you are playing it.

But yeah, as borat said just use the windows cd and you can choose which partitions you want to delete.

would I still be able to access the data on the other drives (the ones I didn't erase) once I reinstalled windows?

yeah as long as you dont format them or change them in any way they will appear as they do now as long as they are not in any raid array with the other disk

Or just go to My Computer, right click the drive you want to reformat, and select reformat, and click start...

^^^Wouldn't be able to do that as said above as you are using files on the hard drive so it would fail, king of like trying to delete a song when listening to it

Back
Top Bottom