2 questions !! memory and mic..

abowlofrice

Daemon Poster
question #1: I just bought 1 gig of these
but when i ran a test it said its only operating at 201.8 mhz. Doesnt ddr400 mean it operates at a speed of 400mhz? here is a pic: http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8232/cpuzlo2.png

question #2: When I plug my microphone into the computer, no sound gets through. I tried windows voice recorder and ventrilo but it doesnt record and nobody can hear me on vent. First I thought it was the microphone that was broken but after trying it on a different computer it worked. I know I plugged the microphone into the correct jack, but what I don't know is if this is hardware problem or settings problem.

please help out! all help greatly appreciated!

Okay, your question #1:
Yes it does mean that the ram is supposed to operate at 400 mhz, however, your motherboard has to support ddr-400 ram. What are the specs on your motherboard? Also, you may have to get into the bios and adjust the speed of the ram.

Question #2:
Look down in the right hand corner of your screen at the system tray and find the little speaker icon. Double click it and look at the option for your mic and make sure it is not muted. This is the most common problem dealing with mics. I have found that when I reinstall my sound card afer a reformat, the mic is muted by default. You may just need to clear the checkmark next to "mute".

Edit: I just read the reviews on the motherboard you have (in your signature) and it seems that it is a really crap motherboard. ECS mobo's aren't that great.

for the ram issue.
200mhz is the correct speed. They just market it as 400mhz because the ram does work 2 times per cycle.

mammikoura said:
for the ram issue.
200mhz is the correct speed. They just market it as 400mhz because the ram does work 2 times per cycle.
Hmm....I did not know that. Mine also says 200 mhz, I guess I don't have to worry.

so about the mic problem, i checked to make sure that its not muted, but it still doesnt work. i dl the new sound drivers and still no sound. Could it be the jack that is broken? if so what do you recommend?

Did you turn the volume up on the mic? Sometimes you have to turn it up a bit.

If that doesn't work, I'd say something is wrong with your onboard sound and I'd reccomend getting a soundcard. Something like an Audigy 2 or a lower line X-fi card would be good.

Also, sometimes by default the Microphone isnt in the Volume Control, so try the following...

Double click speaker icon>>Click Options>>Properties>> and either click Recording then press OK, or if Recording is greyed out (like mine) then try clicking Mixer Device and see if you can get it from there...

Matt

yeah 200 mhz is fine, the ram is Double Data Rate (DDR) so its doubled 200x2=400mhz

Back
Top Bottom