Serious Help - Installing the computer now.

Alright, read through your motherboard manuel, it should give you a diagram where each of those go, and which is which. + is positive and - is negative, you have to make sure to get those installed correctly, or else the buttons wont work.
at the least you need to get the power button working.

Ok i just turned it on..., and it does jack, I WASTED OVER 6 HOURS DOING NOTHING, i seriously shouldn't of though i could do this myself,i probaly jumbled every single damn cable. I really need big help.

EDIT: This is my first time building it, so am seriously confused using the manuals, and don't understand anything from it.

It's frustrating when it doesn't boot up the first time. What I would do is take EVERYTHING apart again, except for the CPU and RAM. Don't even worry about the hard drive, any PCI devices and even the video card for now. You need to get those "+" and "-" cables in properly. The manual as MikeReiner points out, is your friend at this moment. Follow it like your life depends on it. The letters on the motherboard can be hard to read because they're so small, but take your time and move to a well lit area and simply observe what you see, even if you have to use a magnifying glass. Match the wires from the case to the appropriate pins on the motherboard with the manual as your guide.

Oh, don't get static on anything either.

Use the motherboard manual, and ya pc case manual and you can work out where the cables are supposed to connect. Like i told ya in another post, read ya manual and then read it again

Thanks for all the tips, just woke up, and am gonna try to waste another 6 hours on it, and yeah i can see those little letters on the mobo, but it dosen't make any sense, some do but like, can't they make it clearer eg. Speaker pins are called "Speak" wtf??

I can't find the damn Power switches/LED's. THATS WHY I THE COMPUTER DINT BOOT YESTERDAY!. Can anyone lend me a hand and tell me where they are? I looked all over the case. Thanks.

look at the mobo manual and there will be all this mumbo jumbo stuff but in there somewhere is where and what all the pins ect on the mobo are! u may have to look at some off the other manuals for the psu ect to find what the plugs are ect.

GOOD LUCK MAN!!

acottenham said:
look at the mobo manual and there will be all this mumbo jumbo stuff but in there somewhere is where and what all the pins ect on the mobo are! u may have to look at some off the other manuals for the psu ect to find what the plugs are ect.

GOOD LUCK MAN!!

Thanks alot mate, but Borat, is giving me major help on MSN. I think i got half of the cables done. Thanks anyways mate :D

Ok it boots fine - in the first boot up, it boots up no problem, and goes to the screen saying you need to put the windows xp windows in, and then when i inserted the disc in, the computer shuts down..., the next time i start it up again, i open up the dvd drive, and it shuts down, next time i boot it up, it starts up and shuts down... whats happening guys , i went through so much trouble.. i wanna use my new comp!!, Is something over heating? Thanks so much

PLEASE REPLY ASAP!.

I have't touched the bios, or formated anything.

Back
Top Bottom