Connection spikes

What is the brand of router? Also, maybe you should call you local ISP and have them check your internet logs.

its a linksys fast ethernet 10/100 model nh1005.

Takes me hours to DL a patch on WoWs blizzard downloader because i always hit a firewall it says, but i followed what it said and added those blizzard ports like 611 and everything and i still have problems with that also.

But id like to get the spikes fixed first.

Otterah said:
its a linksys fast ethernet 10/100 model nh1005.

Takes me hours to DL a patch on WoWs blizzard downloader because i always hit a firewall it says, but i followed what it said and added those blizzard ports like 611 and everything and i still have problems with that also.

But id like to get the spikes fixed first.

Login password should be admin, with no username.

So the user admin thing does not work for some reason. My IP starts with a 10 and that seems to not work in the URL browser. I hooked my comp up to where our 2nd comp is to see if it may just be the line from the router to my comp but i got lag on it also. So it IS my computer. I just cant add Blizz's IPs liek you want me to because it says access denied when i put my DNS server in it.

if ur spiking, then u have to optimize ur connection or maybe ur comp is just running slow. download ccleaner from filehippo.com and pick what u wanna clean. Never clean anything in the advanced section if u dont know wat ur doing, and u can check evrything in applications unless u want to keep some. Clean, and then affter it s done... after about a second... go to tools and scan for issues. Fix all ur issues, backup if u wanna and see if anything has happend. If u still spike, check ur speed at speedtest.net and share it.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Naah generally the 10.X.X.X is used for business and 192.168.X.X is used for home.

Also your DNS server can be anything, doesn't nesscairly have to be your router

If you have something like this it's still fine

Ethernet adapter LAN:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : mayhew.ca
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 3Com EtherLink XL 10/100 PCI TX NIC
(3C905B-TX)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-50-04-00-BL-8H
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.52
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 206.47.244.56
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, December 02, 2006 3:38:40
PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, December 04, 2006 3:38:40 PM

This is wrong and wont work. You have gave him a class A IP address and a class C subnet mask. The default subnet mask for class A is, 255.0.0.0

Raffaz said:
This is wrong and wont work. You have gave him a class A IP address and a class C subnet mask. The default subnet mask for class A is, 255.0.0.0

That isnt wrong, it's what I use and works.

This may sound completly wrong, but try typing ipconfig /flushdns a few times, whenever my internet haggers (^^) i type that, and it somtimes helps.

DJ-CHRIS said:
That isnt wrong, it's what I use and works.

I totally disagree with ya, im looking at it, in a book now to double check. Your wrong. Also, take a look at post #19, at his settings, look at his subnet. Its exactly what i said, class A with class A.

Back
Top Bottom