Auto post, no pre-message..

Going off topic, but to one that is sort of allied, a while back, when I clicked "Unsubscribe from this thread" it worked, now it doesn't, consequently I get an ever growing number of messages from threads that I don't want, can I ask why it isn't working, & can it be fixed?

Just want to thank the people that told me about my cookie settings, I set it to allow all cookies now the websites remember me.

Brookfield said:
Going off topic, but to one that is sort of allied, a while back, when I clicked "Unsubscribe from this thread" it worked, now it doesn't, consequently I get an ever growing number of messages from threads that I don't want, can I ask why it isn't working, & can it be fixed?
Go into your User CP, and Subscribed Threads and you should be able to unsubscribe there. :)

David Lindon said:
I heard on the vb site that it was because the 'thank you' page is the page the info is posted to and then redirected but if it went straight to the thread page then the user would not see there post because the page was loaded before the post was inserted into the db. The user would immediately hit refresh and the post would be resubmitted and so everyone would end up double posting
I've never saw that happen with AJAX. In case your not really understanding, it might happen when people post and it automatically refreshes or whatever and it posts but on most of the newer vBulletin forums when you post on quick reply it comes up posting or something and then it just adds that to the bottom of the page, unless its time to move to a new page, in which case it would refresh normally. :)

Edit: What a surprise, timeout. :rolleyes: Spent 2 minutes trying to get my post to go through and it went through the first time without telling me and I accidently posted it again. :rolleyes:

David Lindon said:
I heard on the vb site that it was because the 'thank you' page is the page the info is posted to and then redirected but if it went straight to the thread page then the user would not see there post because the page was loaded before the post was inserted into the db. The user would immediately hit refresh and the post would be resubmitted and so everyone would end up double posting

Um.. doesnt happen on the other forums I go on, where this feature is enabled.

Google Guru said:
Thats strange, it works for me.
Odd that, perhaps David can help, when I clicked "list subscribed threads" there were hundreds, do me a favour, you do the same, & let me know how many you have, thanks :)

Wait, do you automatically subscribe to all threads you post in? If you do, you can disable that in your options. I just subscribe to ones I choose myself, but umm... I have 51 threads.

Google Guru said:
Wait, do you automatically subscribe to all threads you post in? If you do, you can disable that in your options. I just subscribe to ones I choose myself, but umm... I have 51 threads.
I've just clicked "do not subscribe", will that do, or is that too limiting do you think?

Back
Top Bottom