Boot device???

hascet

Fully Optimized
I have disabled every boot device in my bios except my hardrive which is the first boot device, but when I start up my computer it says press any key to boot from IDE:CD Drive(says something like that), I don't know why though because I disabled it as a boot device...

y aeverythign works just fine it just says press any key to boot from cd drive no matter what dasable in the bios, righ tnow all I have enabled is the hdd, but the message still pops up...

why not just ignore it then? If you have a corrupt OS or MBR, then you maybe getting it in order to boot without problems...

y athe hardrive has an os on it, I don't want to ignore it because it could cut down on start time if it doesn't sit there for 5 seconds...and the os isn't corrupt

hascet said:
y athe hardrive has an os on it, I don't want to ignore it because it could cut down on start time if it doesn't sit there for 5 seconds...and the os isn't corrupt
make shure if it says "Press any key to Boot from CD...." that a bootable CD is not in the drive

no theres no cd's in the drive, well atleast not any bootable ones, and if I press "any key" it continues on to loading windows

hascet said:
no theres no cd's in the drive, well atleast not any bootable ones, and if I press "any key" it continues on to loading windows
go into ur BIOS and load optomised defaults that might take care of it

Back
Top Bottom