Auto post, no pre-message..

Yeahh, thankyou Jordan! Well better than the middle bit we have.. I should of put a poll on this..

chrisl0 said:
So why does it even say "Remember Me"? Plus why don't the owners of the website run a more up to date version?

Like Jon said use the same URL every time. I keep mine in My Favorites list so I get here or my place through the url's that work. As for the remember me not working if you have cookies blocked in the internet options that will keep it from placing the cookie on your system. Also if you run a cleaner like CCleaner, then the cookie gets wiped.
Most likely it's the url though.

As for the thank you for posting screen, getting rid of it is a mod. Look at the VB help forums for it.

I heard on the vb site that it was because the 'thank you' page is the page the info is posted to and then redirected but if it went straight to the thread page then the user would not see there post because the page was loaded before the post was inserted into the db. The user would immediately hit refresh and the post would be resubmitted and so everyone would end up double posting

setishock said:
Like Jon said use the same URL every time. I keep mine in My Favorites list so I get here or my place through the url's that work. As for the remember me not working if you have cookies blocked in the internet options that will keep it from placing the cookie on your system. Also if you run a cleaner like CCleaner, then the cookie gets wiped.
Most likely it's the url though.

As for the thank you for posting screen, getting rid of it is a mod. Look at the VB help forums for it.

Thanks, I will try it.

David Lindon said:
I heard on the vb site that it was because the 'thank you' page is the page the info is posted to and then redirected but if it went straight to the thread page then the user would not see there post because the page was loaded before the post was inserted into the db. The user would immediately hit refresh and the post would be resubmitted and so everyone would end up double posting

There's no way talking yourself out of it. Just upgrade and stop being so money hungry.

MarxSoccer said:
There's no way talking yourself out of it. Just upgrade and stop being so money hungry.
don't know if that was the right way to word it... haha.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It would definately help the people on slower connections...

Back
Top Bottom