I'm looking for a wireless card to go with a Linksys WRT54G.

Very easy to setup. Install the drivers from the CD first, then connect the USB adapter when prompted or when the drivers are fully installed. That's it. Hardly any resources is used, well depends on how bloated software is for certain brand. I have the D-Link version and I hardly ever see it in the Process tab from Task Manager.

mrchainsaw said:
EDIT: Is this a USB adapter? It says bluetooth so I'm not sure. If it would work fine with my laptop for wireless internet I'll probably get it since it's Linksys and it has an antenna that will make me feel better about my decision.
no thats bluetooth. thats not wifi...

To answer one of your questions, yes if it is usb 2.0, it will work with usb 1.1.

Wheither you want a usb or pcmcia adapter is really up to you. They both work equally well. I would get the usb one though since it's cheaper and you don't need to spend more money on a pcmcia card.

I bought the Linksys USB adapter. It wasn't cheaper than the PCMCIA card but since it works as good as the card and it can be used on laptops or PCs it was the best option.

Thanks for all the advice and help.

Back
Top Bottom