Apple vs Microsoft

Hell, I've had my windows reboot when I right click on the desktop... Now normally in that kinda situation people would probably get angry, but I (being a linux fan) almost fell on my ass laughing.

OMG that made me fall out of my chair lol :D

Kage said:
I'd personally get a Windows one. Almost all programs that'll you'll use will run on Windows. Windows XP is very very stable.
I have not had ONE bluescreen since I installed it around 3-4 years ago, and I'm not joking.

As, Troy said, you could get a Mac and run Windows.

But, put that another way, you could buy a Windows laptop or PC, and run the Mac OS...

Personally, I'd rather be able to upgrade with cheaper parts, and also, be possible to run games using a good graphics card. Something Mac's aren't really proficent at doing.
I dont really care about a graphics card. I will be useing this computer for college work mostly.

mammikoura said:
true, usually it just skips the blue screen and restarts right away. :p
But seriously, anything is more stable than windows. Hell, I've had my windows reboot when I right click on the desktop... Now normally in that kinda situation people would probably get angry, but I (being a linux fan) almost fell on my ass laughing. :D

But I'd still go for windows instead of a mac. Never really liked macs, and windows has the best compatibility when it comes to software.
I have windows XP right now and I have had to get some one fix the thing about 5 times since I have had it and it took days. I wont have that time when I am in college. know a coupple of guys with apples never failled one time.

Windows does have it's share of WTF? moments, but you can't beat it when it comes to compatability. Most schools have software thats at least configured for Windows if it isn't multi-OS. Mac OS X is more stable and it's not as easy to crash or what have you, but software compatability is limited.

It's not as bad now that Apple has Boot Camp and if you purchase a Windows XP license, you can also use Windows XP on your MacBook as well. The only problem is that Apple notebooks cost LOTS of money. For one basic 15" MacBook, I could easily find or configure one like it from another manufacturer that costs at least $200 less. The advantage is that Apple notebooks have VERY good construction and they look spiffy (I think you can even find some businesses to custom laser-etch a design on the MacBook's aluminum shell :D).

troy272 said:
that's true. It's unix based. Mac OS X is very stable and it's also far less prone to viruses than windows is.
But Why would you want to run windows on a mac you wouldnt have the mac os anymore.

Americanfighter said:
But Why would you want to run windows on a mac you wouldnt have the mac os anymore.

yes you would. You can do what's called dual booting which is two operating systems on one hard drive just on different parts of the hard drive. It won't erase mac OS, you can choose which OS you want to boot into when you boot up the machine.

Yeah, it just allows for more options. If you feel like gaming, pop over to Windows XP and play some games, then pop over to OS X and go online or whatnot.

apples are so much better and stable, they look better, better apps, windows has nothing like iLife, iLife comes preinstalled. Windows doesnt give you any good free software. You also dont have to worry about viruses

Taylor said:
You also dont have to worry about viruses

not quite true. apples can still get viruses (look on teh symantec site, if you do enough lookin around some of the devistating ones can go on macs) its just not as likely. However, if you use your computer wisely, even a windows user doesn't need to worry aobut viruses.

Back
Top Bottom