Please, please help me........PLEASE

jordancorey said:
Hi, i have tried it back in the other usb 1 port and it is still the same. the other folders on it seems fine, only my photos. I have checked device manager and it all seems fine as far as i can tell

Have you checked computer management? Also what OS are ya running?

Right click my computer, then click manage, then select disk management on the left. Then look for ya USB drive, and tell me what it says about it. If its working ok, it will say online, if not then post what it says about it

JPG is a standard format and should be able to be read anyway.

The fact that the pictures are the only things messed up suggest me something.

CHECK THIS:

Was the drive by any chance on another computer previously?
Maybe, you locked the Pictures somehow in a user logon, meaning that you won't be able to access the drives pictures from your new computer?

This may be worth checking.

If this turns out true, if you can still access the other PC with the old user logon, you locked them with, you should be able to unlock them, making them readable again.

The drive should be listed there if its connected, it should show the partition etc

Raffaz, since the drive is capable of reading other folders, and only the Pictures are messed up, the drive is working, correct? There is no way in Drive Management to specify why one folder isn't working to my knowledge.

It seems to me like some kind of password protection thats locked the folder out, making it look corrupted, but if it hasn't been on another PC, that can't really be so.

Back
Top Bottom