thrmel past and quad core?

Overclocking will only increase the speed though, not the amount of cores, nor cache. If you do overclock in the future, the speed difference will be 500Mhz maximum, if you are lucky. With more and more technology coming out every day, I would never invest in a quad core.

ok but i am so pluse its a slot 750 mother bord so as long as the next prossesor supports it im ok

Just to tell you, Kents clock like crap on 680i motherboards ;) Even with Ln2/DICE. It will be hard to get to 3.2Ghz. And to apply the thermal paste, just put a nice amount in the middle, spread it around evenly with a credit card, or a plastic bad around your finger and seat the heatsink. It doesnt matter if it is 4 core 6 core or 8 core, etc. Intel uses an IHS (integrated heatspreader) that they solder onto the cores for optimal heat transfer. Just put a like a dot the 1/2 the size of a grain of rice. That should do it. Make sure you have nice even pressure on your cpu, don't worry about cracking the core, cuz you won't.

Back
Top Bottom