vista not an OS X knockoff?

Mac has a lot of the original ideas. Microsoft just modifies them to "look" different for Vista even though OS X already uses those way before Vista. The video shows just that.

I don't personally see the problem though. It may pave the way to Mac OS users to be able to use Windows, and vice versa very easily, which in a way is the whole point of a computer system, to be able to get the most from it as a user. Working together is alot better than shoving each other out, and making a Mac OS user, only a Mac OS user, and a Windows user, only a Windows user.

If you get my argument, you may agree.

Kage said:
I don't personally see the problem though. It may pave the way to Mac OS users to be able to use Windows, and vice versa very easily, which in a way is the whole point of a computer system, to be able to get the most from it as a user. Working together is alot better than shoving each other out, and making a Mac OS user, only a Mac OS user, and a Windows user, only a Windows user.

If you get my argument, you may agree.
I agree. I think that may lead to more multi-platform compatible machines such as Apple's computers which can run mac OS or windows. I think that possibly windows PC's could run mac OS and windows on the same machine without having to use a cracked version. Then again it might not work because apple's OS is exclusive to apple machines or something like that.

Thanks for agreeing with me :p But, Windows can run on Mac machines now, and vice versa with Windows machines. Thats because, a PC is now only a PC, with Intel cores running in both sets.

The only thing making the Mac its own was the fact that it was running off IBM Power PC cores, and not Intel like PC's.

Now, they are both using Intel, so programs will work from one to the other, or at least, they should.

Kage said:
Thanks for agreeing with me :p But, Windows can run on Mac machines now, and vice versa with Windows machines. Thats because, a PC is now only a PC, with Intel cores running in both sets.

The only thing making the Mac its own was the fact that it was running off IBM Power PC cores, and not Intel like PC's.

Now, they are both using Intel, so programs will work from one to the other, or at least, they should.

yeah the windows on a mac thing is cool! I think that the intel move was a good decision because the intel processors are way faster than the power PC processors and they can now run windows which is good for users switching over to mac from windows PC's. I haven't personally tried to get mac OS X on a PC, but I've heard you need special stuff like SSE3 and integrated graphics (otherwise the resolution isn't as good or something). I hope platforms work together more than trying to out do eachother on everything, that way it could make it easier on users.

hascet said:
um ya he was being really sarcastic
at the same time making him look like a complete idiot... i guess i just don't like his form of sarcasm....

Its alot like the "Who invented it first" Saying.

Just because Mac OS X Came out first, doesn't mean theyre stealing the idea from Apple. People have been submitting ideas to Microsoft for ages saying "Your New Operating system should do this" "Your Operating system should do that." People do the exact same with Apple.

Just because two people have the same idea, does not neccesarily mean the first was best, nor the second. Their job in order to maintain a successful business, is to give the consumer what they want. So the Consumers want Gadgets/Widgets? Give them Gadgets/Widgets. The Consumers want Search Features, and a Pleasant Looking GUI? Then let them have it.

People have a tendency to look at it with bias. "Mac Came first, so its better." "Windows Vista's came out after OS X so it must be more polished." No, It's just that for a time people that used the seperate Systems wanted different things, Now They happen to want similar things.

This is good because as Kage said, It presents a better connection between the two. Now People can just as easily use both, rather than having to transition over and figure the other out.

Google Guru, your comment about Microsoft "Always Being original" Are you implying that Apple is Original? Most things that you see on a Mac were user submitted ideas that they ran with. That's how things work, You cant expect A company to say "Oh, hey that worked for them, thats great, to bad we can't since we didnt come out first" No, their consumers suggest it as well, they see it on the Mac, If they dont meet the consumer needs, they will lose profit. I don't see how you can bad mouth an organization for giving people what they want.

Back
Top Bottom