Help Me decide WHat CPU to Get

mammikoura said:
yeah the denmark is similar (maybe even identical?) to the toledo.

But you could always email newegg and ask them if the mobo is compatible with the opty 165.

You really think they will know?

Look what i found Mammi :D

mach169usa

Tech Level:high
Ownership:less than 1 day

11/29/2006 4:14:39 PM

Opteron 165

Pros: CCBBE 0616XPMW received 11/28/06 from New Jersey warehouse. At 2.81 stable with XP-90C on Abit AN8 Ultra with 2 gigs of Patriot PC4000 at DDR510. Stable at 1.45volts. Thanks to Bruno for $4 credit as price dropped same day I ordered.

Cons: UPS took the day after Thanksgiving off but parts arrived in good condition. Hope they had a good rest, they'll need it with the holidays coming.

Other Thoughts: An FX-62 for less than 1/4 of the cost. Thanks Newegg!

yeah, I also found some and edited them into my previous post.
And they should know at newegg, at least one of my friends emailed the shop he was getting his hardware from (not newegg, but similar) and asked if everything was compatible

Ha, I love it when someone ask about something and actually orders it right now (in the moment)!!!!! I'm not familiar with the Opteron line processors so I can't really give you the best opinion on it. If it was me, I probably would have picked the 4400+ X2 lol. Good to see the prices dropped on all the AMD CPUs tremendously. I still remember when those Toledo core first came out. Yikes, they were expensive.

LambOfGod said:

Alright, good luck with the stepping. I hope you're satisfied. Let us know how good of an overclock you can get with it, if you choose to do so.

THEpiGUY said:
Alright, good luck with the stepping. I hope you're satisfied. Let us know how good of an overclock you can get with it, if you choose to do so.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Man cant wait to try this dual core deal out

Haha, I need a new CPU too. My 3200+ isn't cutting it for me. Especially because it's bottlenecking my X1900 XT.

alvino said:
Haha, I need a new CPU too. My 3200+ isn't cutting it for me. Especially because it's bottlenecking my X1900 XT.

The 3200+ should be enough. I haven't had a single problem with my p4 3.0Ghz yet. (oblivion doesn't run with full settings, but that's because of the 6800GT I have) Bf2 runs fine with maxed out settings (without aa and that kinda stuff) without any lag.

mammikoura said:
The 3200+ should be enough. I haven't had a single problem with my p4 3.0Ghz yet. (oblivion doesn't run with full settings, but that's because of the 6800GT I have) Bf2 runs fine with maxed out settings (without aa and that kinda stuff) without any lag.

I Am upgrading from a 3200+ no overclock at all.

To this proc. I am hoping to get to 2.6 Ghz on the Proc.

That would = an FX60

I just dont want to sacrifice lifespan or reliability......

Back
Top Bottom