thrmel past and quad core?

The whole Internet's gone dumb with all these shorthand here and there. Kids are actually translating that into the real world!!!!

Put a small drop of thermal paste onto each corner of the CPU, e.g.

Bad drawing but..

the black marks are the thermal paste, and the white background being the top of the processor.

And chill with the whole "correct your grammer" thing, we don't even know that the guy is english.. maybe he has dyslexia, he hasn't come here for English lessons, for help with his computer, so let's just help the guy out, right?

I didn't know that they have to be put on that way. I assumed since all 4 cores are under the heatspreader (which basically are right over the cores) that a dab is needed in the middle, just like on the regular single core and dual core CPUs.

sorry about spelling but i dont realy care cuz im off from school so ya...
any way so just spred it out nice and thin should i use a credit card or my thumb with a glove on

Speaking of school, I start next Tuesday. That sucks. I'll be gone like all day and all night until 11pm (work and school). So sad.

Just put a drop, about the size of a rice grain, in those positions above, please note though, do not apply right in the corners, towards the centre, but near the corners.

Please make a note of trying to spell properly, a fellow poster has just recieved a neg rep from me, because he was pointing the finger out at your bad english. I told him that you might not be english, or you may have dyslexia, but you do not.

Just put that little effort into actually spelling things right, will be much easier for us to interprit.

that realy realy realy suxs
ya i have work to but i only work tuesdays, thrusdays and sundays
i just got all these awsome parts for the new gaming rig im building
intel core 2 quad extream
dual nvidia 8800gtx
nvidia 680i mother bord the works 4 gigs of ram
case 1000 power
and i bought my self a nice little nintendo wii to go along with my ds

joxley1990 said:
Just put a drop, about the size of a rice grain, in those positions above, please note though, do not apply right in the corners, towards the centre, but near the corners.

Please make a note of trying to spell properly, a fellow poster has just recieved a neg rep from me, because he was pointing the finger out at your bad english. I told him that you might not be english, or you may have dyslexia, but you do not.

Just put that little effort into actually spelling things right, will be much easier for us to interprit.

ok so im supost to put a little drop in each cornor and then spred it out with a credit card?
also when i start up my comp how can i tell from the bios what temp my cpu is running at to make sure every things working right?

Such sarcasm,

For those people who actually want to read that

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Extreme
2X 8800GTX
nVidia 680i motherboard, that has a maximum memory capacity of 4GB RAM (most boards do, nothing special)
Case? (That narrows it down) 1000W PSU
And I bought a Nintendo Wii, to go along with my Nintendo DS.

You must have a good job then, because that would set back heck of alot of money, how much it set you all back then, and what do you do for a living.

esa193 said:
ok so im MEANT to put a little drop in each CORNER and then SPREAD it out with a credit card?
also when I start up my COMPUTER how can I tell from the bios what TEMPERATURE my cpu is running at to make sure EVERYTHING IS working right?

Dont spread about anything, and not right in the corners, like I said above. Just put some on, a rice grain size, put the HSF on, and leave it. The heat generated by the processor will spread it out.

To check the temperatures, go into the BIOS, and just look at what temperature it is running at :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom