Windows Vista, What is right for you?

Google Guru said:
I will probably get Home Premium. Lol @
starteruh9.jpg
Haha, thats funny its so bad they don't want most people to see it...
But, I would want Ultimate, and x86??? Can that run on a 64 bit processor? Or is that with the new quad cores?

Lol, "...or other high income markets". The Starter editin is suppose to be targeted at poor countries because it's so stripped down from the original OS. No way I'm getting that anyways. No one here would buy it.

Anyways, official release date:

Wow Starts January 29: Microsoft Sets Vista Consumer Launch

Microsoft will officially launch Windows Vista and Microsoft Office
2007 System for consumers at a special event in Times Square in New
York on January 29 called "Wow Starts Now." At the event, Microsoft
and its partners will promote Vista, Office 2007, and related
products.

"On January 29, Microsoft will celebrate the launch of two amazing
products that represent the culmination of a tremendous team effort,"
an email message from Microsoft reads. "Millions of people--Microsoft
employees, developers, valued customers, bloggers, families, media,
the entire industry--have come together like never before and added
their own individual imprints to help make Vista and Office 2007 the
most tested products in Microsoft history."

The January 29 event apparently includes a lunch reception, then a
launch celebration. "Our celebration is dedicated to the millions of
people who helped transform the operating system into a rich
experience that's more exciting and more powerful than ever before,"
the email reads.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/windows...rticleID/94712/windowspaulthurrott_94712.html

Well i'm not going to buy it because I need to save as much money as possible for a car. But if I was going to buy a version it would be Ultimate because you must have the best you know :cool:

Actually, it's not really a release date. More like a celebration and ceremony of the new Vista release that will occur the next day, lol. I'm not going to buy it either. My roommates all excited about it and claims he'll be camping out the night before to get the Home Premium edition. What a dork. Yes, I will also get the Ultimate because it is the best and comes with everything all the other editions have, plus a few more features (not much)--but it's still good.

note that they said they said "The most secure windows ever"
not "the most secure operating system ever"

Because that wouldn't be truth in advertising! :p

Oh, and maybe they won't **** up the launch of vista like they did the Zune.

Stick with Windows XP. Unless you can afford to buy the Ultimate edition ($399) and have a high end PC, you will not be able to experience the entire Vista operating system. The Basic and Premium edtions are nothing more than glorified Windows XP.

Also, I suggest waiting until the bugs are worked out, unless you want to be the one working them out.

We will use The business release. From an Admin's view Vista has several new features for administration that XP is lacking.

yah.. i run vista ultimate on all my comps. and i'll never go back to xp... unless they get hit with bad virus or something..

I'm starting to think that home premium might not be a bad idea. I'll wait at least 6 months until it's a bit more established in the market, and until there have been a lot of reviews and the bugs are worked out. I'm still not too keen on the price, I might wait until that comes down.

Back
Top Bottom