overclock issue

hascet

Fully Optimized
with the computer in my sig I overclocked it using the AINos feature in the bios by 20%, but when I did that after it rebooted it still says, "Intel Core 2Duo 6600 2.4ghz, but it should be like 2.8? also, it seems to slow down when I do it everytime, instead of the little windows thing going across like 9 times it goes across like 12

Use the simple FSB x Multiplier equation. Dont use the crappy AINos stuff. So yeah. once you hit a wall raise the voltage. If that doesnt help, loosen the RAM timings/increae RAM voltage.

i used the ai boost thing, now i got it up to 333X9, so right around 3ghz, and at startup it now says 2.99ghz, and my temps are 51C right now, just on the web and running pc probe...I probably need an aftermarket cooler, but i still don't notice any difference in windows load time though.

o ok, i'm thinking of getting a 74gb raptor in the future, but it still seems like it should be faster...and those temps are with the side of my case off...i heard to keep it under 55C, is this true?

o ok, running bf2 i was getting like 57, so it looks ok...probably need an aftermarket hsf if I wanna go any further though

hascet said:
o ok, running bf2 i was getting like 57, so it looks ok...probably need an aftermarket hsf if I wanna go any further though

yeah, but right now 3Ghz should be more than enough for like anything.

ya, but my dad brought home an hp 3.2ghz with ht today, and it loads windows really fast! the little bar goes across the screen 3 times, and i'm fairly certain it doesn't have any raptors, or scsi drives in it lol, probably a 7200 rpm sata

does overclocking shorten the life span at all?

Back
Top Bottom