Buying a car

TRDCorolla, don't go automatic man, even if it is paddle shifter. Definitely 6 speed manual. There's no fun in driving an automatic, press the gas and go, not much driver control even with paddle shifters. And you can't push start it if you ever get the battery too low to start on it's own lol =)

Well good luck with your vehicle, personally I would never pick a Toyota made vehicle. My father had one and he had nothing but problems with it, plus I feel they are overrated, and a bit on the bland side. I got some bias, but I am more of a Honda/GM kinda person.

I think sticks suck, some people would say otherwise. But as long as I get to take a curve with my vehicle and drive it freely I am happy. Having that control is enough for me. Clutches have been burned out, they suck to drive in traffic, and its more exhausting to to drive. I am happy with the automatics.

Push button start I would love to get on my next vehicle, if the battery dies you get stuck also. Anyway the battery only gets low if you don't use the vehicle. In the 12 years we had one vehicle the battery died twice and even with a key we needed a jump start. No matter we had a new battery within 2 hours. If you are worried about the battery getting low you can get one of those rechargeable jump starters. They saved many people.

Again good luck with the vehicle and post some pictures when you get it :). What options are you getting?

As for the battery problem, I always carry a battery booster (from Walmart) in the back of my Corolla. It's lightweight and should the battery ever die, I can just use that on any car. The main reason why I chose an automatic is for convienence. I commute a lot (freeways and surface streets) similar to what chrisl0 mentioned and I've driven stick in heavy traffic. Not fun. It causes more stress than anything else. Southern California, go figure. The automatic shift paddles makes it that much fun to drive for an automatic. I think even for the IS250, it's still a lot of fun with the auto shift, but the IS350 is just a monster when it comes to performance.

For sure, I like to get as much options as i can get for it, but my main concern is it must have the ground effects kit, fog lights, rear spoiler, bi-xenon HIDs, and the cargo net (lol--simply because I have to store lots of junk and don't want them moving around). As for wheels, I don't really care for them. I can go with either 17 or 18's whichever they have available.

Everything else, I don't care if it comes with it or not--just depends on what is available at the time but I'm pretty sure I just want the basic premium package.

As for cornering, AWD option is the best--but the IS350 is RWD which is still ok for me. Here are some picts of the car, not mine but just to see how hot they are:

IMG_0014s.JPG

IMG_0057s.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

Damn, talk about a pimped out ride. I like those taillights she got on. I wonder if those are legal though? I notice she has the 250 and it looks like an automatic. I don't see the sport shift on the steering column, but it has to be on the gear selector itself with the "+" and "-". I change my mind again, dang. I should just get the 250. I'll bet it's still fast with the measly 204HP. Just use the sport shift and it's fast.

Those tails are legal, there just tint overlays..A ton of people are doing that now.

OMG, I just test drove an 07 G35 Sport version. Wow!!!! That is a beast. The paddle shift is sooooo cool. Feels like I'm racing, but not. It is safe to say that the G35 is much faster than my Corolla.

Man, I want to buy that so bad but I don't have enough to make a down payment just yet. I told the finance guy that I could save for a couple of months but the guy was telling me how he's already giving me a great deal right now (almost $4000 below MSRP). I told him that I just barely got promoted at my new job and haven't saved enough yet. He just doesn't understand and was way too pushy. SO I said forget it. I didn't like his attitude anways. At the end, it came down to the principle. I don't care how cheap you can get the car to be, but if you are going to have that kind of attitude towards me----you can say goodbye to a potential sale.

TRDCorolla said:
OMG, I just test drove an 07 G35 Sport version. Wow!!!! That is a beast. The paddle shift is sooooo cool. Feels like I'm racing, but not. It is safe to say that the G35 is much faster than my Corolla.

Man, I want to buy that so bad but I don't have enough to make a down payment just yet. I told the finance guy that I could save for a couple of months but the guy was telling me how he's already giving me a great deal right now (almost $4000 below MSRP). I told him that I just barely got promoted at my new job and haven't saved enough yet. He just doesn't understand and was way too pushy. SO I said forget it. I didn't like his attitude anways. At the end, it came down to the principle. I don't care how cheap you can get the car to be, but if you are going to have that kind of attitude towards me----you can say goodbye to a potential sale.

Almost all car salesmen are like that LOL...

ArrizX said:
Almost all car salesmen are like that LOL...
No, not almost.....

They are all like that, because if they don't sell cars, they don't get paid. The only money that salesmen get is on the cars they sell. Sell more cars, get paid more. So they are all pushy and want to sell you the car really bad. They don't care about your bills or wheither you can afford the payments or not. They will sell any person any car if they can come up with the financing.

But I thought it was a pretty good deal though how it was marked down to around $30,000 for a $35,000 vehicle (below the sticker price). I had a good experience with the sales guy when I bought my Corolla. He really made me feel comfortable about the car and simply told me what car do I like and what financing are available. He even told me if I want to shop around, I can--then he'll try to match it, hehe. That was good salesmenship right there. Unlike the Infiniti dealer--that guy was just too darn pushy and seems like at times, prefer to talk to other salesmen than me.

Back
Top Bottom