Sick Of The Timeouts

Tommy Boy said:
I usually get timesouts when I"m trying to make a new thread also.

Sometimes when I post a quick reply if it's especially long.
that's what happens to me

David Lindon said:
David, something has to be done. Now that the site hasnt been down, we/I am at least getting time outs with anything "big" I do.

I cant make long posts... I cant make long threads, hell I cant even search of threads made by myself and other users, not to mention I cant be an effective mod. Everytime I search and IP it times out.

Its time for a change.

-

ArrizX is online now Add to ArrizX's Reputation Report Bad Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
ArrizX
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ArrizX
Visit ArrizX's homepage!
Find More Posts by ArrizX
Add ArrizX to Your Buddy List
Unread Today, 10:49 PM #2
joxley1990
Guru

joxley1990 has a reputation beyond repute joxley1990 has a reputation beyond repute joxley1990 has a reputation beyond repute joxley1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Re: Sick Of The Timeouts
I agree, im on a forum with almost 140,000 members, never once do we have timeouts.
joxley1990 is online now Add to joxley1990's Reputation Report Bad Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
joxley1990
View Public Profile
Send a private message to joxley1990
Visit joxley1990's homepage!
Find More Posts by joxley1990
Add joxley1990 to Your Buddy List
Unread Today, 10:56 PM #3
mammikoura
Guru

mammikoura has a brilliant future mammikoura has a brilliant future mammikoura has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

I don't think the timeouts are so bad anymore, at least not for me. I get them quite rarely, though of course we shouldn't be getting any but it's better now than it was before.
#1 pickup line of all time: "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Windows <3 http://www.funpic.hu/files/pics/00003/00003913.jpg
mammikoura is online now Add to mammikoura's Reputation Report Bad Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
mammikoura
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mammikoura
Find More Posts by mammikoura
Add mammikoura to Your Buddy List
Unread Today, 10:58 PM #4
^Mike^
Guru

^Mike^ has a brilliant future ^Mike^ has a brilliant future ^Mike^ has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^

are you guys talking about the bold letters with the database error? I get that once in awhile also.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ^Mike^
Visit ^Mike^'s homepage!
Find More Posts by ^Mike^
Add ^Mike^ to Your Buddy List
Unread Today, 11:13 PM #5
Raffaz
Guru

Raffaz has a brilliant future Raffaz has a brilliant future Raffaz has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Ive been getting problems alot aswell the last few days, im a member of a few HUUUUGE sites, and this never happens
Raffaz is online now Add to Raffaz's Reputation Report Bad Post IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Raffaz
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Raffaz
Find More Posts by Raffaz
Add Raffaz to Your Buddy List
Unread Today, 11:17 PM #6
David Lindon
Administrator

David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I can search thrreads fine, I'll try a long post
17GHz Folding for CF!
David Lindon is online now Add to David Lindon's Reputation IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
David Lindon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to David Lindon
Visit David Lindon's homepage!
Find More Posts by David Lindon
Add David Lindon to Your Buddy List
Unread Today, 11:17 PM #7
David Lindon
Administrator

David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute David Lindon has a reputation beyond repute

Unread Today, 11:17 PM #6
David Lindon
Administrator

Hmmm, I can search thrreads fine, I'll try a long post
17GHz Folding for CF!
David Lindon is online now Add to David Lindon's Reputation IP Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
David Lindon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to David Lindon
Visit David Lindon's homepage!
Find More Posts by David Lindon
Add David Lindon to Your Buddy List

How come you posted all that?

Sometimes I get timeouts. Not as much now, but they're still annoying. Especially when I make a long post and I take the time to do it...

Well I think there's a possible reason for the timeouts.

When you type something "long", it'll take longer to get inserted into the database. Because the timeout is possibly shorter than the length of time it takes to do the transaction... you get a timeout before the transfer is completed.

That's just a guess. And it doesn't explain why I never get timeouts and ArrizX is getting them all the time.

UK31337 said:

When you type something "long", it'll take longer to get inserted into the database. Because the timeout is possibly shorter than the length of time it takes to do the transaction... you get a timeout before the transfer is completed.

That's just a guess. And it doesn't explain why I never get timeouts and ArrizX is getting them all the time.

that could be part of the reason. But then again it's not the real reason why we get the timeouts, since on other forums you can post a long post/make threads without any timeouts. So I'm guessing it's something to do with the server.

Why don't you invest in some servers that are closer to home, and not in south africa. Getting some decent servers in London, or evan just somewhere in the UK, might solve all this.

UK31337 said:

Thats a good idea, but I thought this server was in Texas.....

Im closer to it then you.. So you should be getting them more then me.

Ill have to do a whois on the ip in a few.

I did one a few days ago, said the server was in South Africa! We should get one in a city.. serious, I think that would help!

Back
Top Bottom