Need Help!!!

ace777

Fully Optimized
OK when I previously got on9 this site) I was told my T1905 emachine needed a PCI video card I just went and bought one and when i looked on my computers current settings without the card and it said it has a AGP graphics card yet there are only PCI slots and the video card is integrated. so what does this mean.?? What type of card do I need?!?!? :confused:

Man it's hard to determine that without actually looking inside your PC. IF I were there, I could tell you right off the bat. AGP are brown colored slot and usually sits at the top of the other PCI (white) slots. It's offset to the right a little bit. Do you have that slot in there? If so, you should consider getting an AGP supported video card. Better performance.

I only have 1 slot open and it is an PCI white slot it is next to my internet and my audio card.

How can it be an AGP and need a PCI ? why wouldn't they just put in an AGP slot to keep it the same as what it came with.

It cost more money to install an AGP video card than to use an integrated graphics card. An integrated graphics controller is built into the motherboard and not treated as a separate component. You can see how it may hinder motherboard and overall system performance.

A PCI video card is another option for adding a dedicated video card to your system IF you don't have an AGP slot. AGP is always preferred because it was designed to utilize faster bandwidth for data transfer. If your PC does have an AGP port, use an AGP supported video card and not a PCI supported video card.

O.K. here is the deal.
Current video card: AGP 3D Direct -w- 4Video memory
NEW: a PCI 128Vmemory with the only slot there is availible ,so if I insert this card in the PCI slot will it work?(VC is a G-force MX4000)

Your welcome. It should be like plug and play. After installing the new video card, get the drivers off of the driver disc it came with. Make sure to ground yourself during the install. You don't want to short anything out.

Back
Top Bottom