unreal tournament

Well yeah, it's scalable, meaning yes, you don't need some bling bling high end system to run it, UT2004 was the same way. I played it on a p3 800mhz before.. and at low settings, it ran pretty good lol

Oblivion runs like dog crap on my 7600GT though.. even at 640x480 resolution it gets irritatingly slow.

But you would think with the Agiea physics card it would improve a lot. I went to their site and they said that Unreal Tournament 2007 is supported.

MikeReiner said:
Well yeah, it's scalable, meaning yes, you don't need some bling bling high end system to run it, UT2004 was the same way. I played it on a p3 800mhz before.. and at low settings, it ran pretty good lol

Oblivion runs like dog crap on my 7600GT though.. even at 640x480 resolution it gets irritatingly slow.

Bethesda used the Gamebryo Engine for Oblivion.

The Unreal Engine has always been extremely scalar. I was suprised I could run Unreal Tournament 2004 at max settings with my 6800 (my first Unreal game). :p

MikeReiner said:

now that doesn't sound right. Runs fine on medium/high settings with my 6800GT. (also 2gb of ram and a 3.0ghz p4)

But as for the unreal engines, yeah they are great. Nice graphics and doesn't require too powerfull hardware.

mammikoura said:
now that doesn't sound right. Runs fine on medium/high settings with my 6800GT. (also 2gb of ram and a 3.0ghz p4)

But as for the unreal engines, yeah they are great. Nice graphics and doesn't require too powerfull hardware.
ok ok.. so dog crap is not the right way to put it.. it just plain doesn't run... smoothly.. I can't stand playing the game without the nice grass, HDR, water, etc... which is pretty much why it doesn't run all that great.

reminds me of when I would play HaloPC at 320x240 resolution.. i'd sooner take a low res than part with pixel shaders! rofl

Haha, yeah playing Oblivion with max settings is the best way to enjoy it. Everything looks so damn nice...

i got ut game of the year edition and ut2004.
the game goes way too fast even on maxed out settings.

you mean UT Game of the year edition? turn off timedemo and turn on vsync, thats all I know to fix that.

Back
Top Bottom