cloning sata's?

hascet

Fully Optimized
Is it possible to clone a sata drive, because I built my entire machine yesterday on this drive, but after getting some money for x-mas I wanna buy a bigger faster sata drive, so can I clone the drive in my computer without any special software?

ya could I do that? because my dad has a drive cloner, and nortons ghost, but the ghost build is his standard build for work, and the drive cloner is ide...:(

Norton ghost or acronis true image will do this no problem, ive used them both with SATA loads of times

Ya but I didn't really want to use ghost, because its not the build I want, so is there any other way thats possible to copy all the info over including the os just using my pc?

Not really sure what ya mean, by "its not the build i want", can you explain that mate

The build they have nortons ghost setup to put on a machine, has a bunch of extra crap like programs they use at his work, plus they run it off of a server on their network(meaning my dads work), so I don't think I could even connect to it, he would probably get in loads of trouble for letting me through the firewall to connect to the server...

EDIT--> congrats on the almost 2000 posts :)

hascet said:
The build they have nortons ghost setup to put on a machine, has a bunch of extra crap like programs they use at his work, plus they run it off of a server on their network(meaning my dads work), so I don't think I could even connect to it, he would probably get in loads of trouble for letting me through the firewall to connect to the server...

Create a new "build" of your computer with norton ghost.

hascet said:

If your wanting to make an exact copy of your computer, then norton ghost will do that for you, so you can transfer it to the new drive. You just need the ghost software to do this. I get the feeling that your talking about a ghost image, that ya dad already has from work, and not the actual ghost software, that allows you to create the image in the first place

Cheers for the congrats aswell. I never noticed lol. Although i definately think ive got the record, coz ive only been a member since september :)

Back
Top Bottom