Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. Also, it's suprisingly small for a gaming system. Wow. Oh, I shouldn't really bash the graphics on the Wii that much because it does look good for the game I was playing. I need to get that Zelda game now. Yeah, imagine me with the sword, hehe. That would be pretty neat. The controller becomes the sword and I'll be walking with it and taking swings at my enemies...so fun.

I also got the Medal of Honor game yesterday too that I haven't even touched, lol. It's just sitting on top of my PC waiting to be installed but haven't done that yet because I've been playing with the Wii the whole time. You actually work up a sweat too, whew.

Yeah, I can't wait until my sister gets her Wii. :D

I'm saving for a Xbox 360. 2007 is the time to shine...so many f-ing awesome games coming out...

TRDCorolla said:
The Wii is incredibly fun. People are so hyped up over the PS3, but the fun factor for the Wii surpasses that of the PS3 x2 due to your interaction with the game. It takes gaming one step further by getting you into it and that's what makes it so fun. Even the basic game I got with it (Wii Sports - which include boxing, tennis, golf, bowling, and baseball)) is so fun. I mean, I'm actually throwing punches lol. How fun is that? Then in tennis, I'm swinging the controller as if I was actually playing the game!!! It's definitely worth it to get this system. Graphics may not be as mind blowing as the PS3 or the 360, but your fun meter make you look pass all that.
Make sure that the loop that goes round the wrist isn't faulty, or fitted improperly, here in England, two TV screens were broken when, the controller hit them, one of which was a plasma, bet his dad was well p***ed off!!

Brookfield said:
Make sure that the loop that goes round the wrist isn't faulty, or fitted improperly, here in England, two TV screens were broken when, the controller hit them, one of which was a plasma, bet his dad was well p***ed off!!

ya when I tested a wii at the mall, they wouldn't let you play without the wrist strap on...lol, I bet something bad happened to one of the flatscreens there

Oh I make sure I'm holding onto it tight. I read up on those issues with the controller goes flying off. I hate breaking it (although they are surprisingly well built and tough).

There still out of stock here!

I don't want one, but my mate does.

One of my cousins has one though, and apparently, the christmas lights are interfering with the controller.

The reason is, because the IR (Infrared connection) doesn't even talk to the Wii. All it does is sends IR signals for the controller to pick up on to know its whereabouts.
Apprently, dissconnecting this, and having two candles (they do send out IR signals) or even torches either side the screen would work the same way, and may even be stronger than the connection from the original IR emitter to begin with, so will have a larger range.

Expect third parties to create IR transmitters for it in that case to try and make them better than the originals.

hascet said:
ya when I tested a wii at the mall, they wouldn't let you play without the wrist strap on...lol, I bet something bad happened to one of the flatscreens there
I have a young relative who had a Wii for Christmas, & brought it with him, when he & his dad came to see me over Christmas, his dad let him show it to me, but not use it with my TV, wow, big sulks!

Kage said:
There still out of stock here!

I don't want one, but my mate does.

One of my cousins has one though, and apparently, the christmas lights are interfering with the controller.

The reason is, because the IR (Infrared connection) doesn't even talk to the Wii. All it does is sends IR signals for the controller to pick up on to know its whereabouts.
Apprently, dissconnecting this, and having two candles (they do send out IR signals) or even torches either side the screen would work the same way, and may even be stronger than the connection from the original IR emitter to begin with, so will have a larger range.

Expect third parties to create IR transmitters for it in that case to try and make them better than the originals.

Yup. There's already a wireless IR emitter out from this small startup company. Rather homemade, but supposedly it's not bad.

You know, i didn't have very much fun playing the wii. Yes I was in a bad mood that day and I only played wii sports but I was still dissapointed. Maybe i'll try again tomorrow, and i'll like it.

Back
Top Bottom