Help: Major Problems

laceykohlman

Beta member
We have just gotten a new server in our office in the last couple months. Ever since then we have had nothing but trouble. About once a month one of the computers that is hooked up to the server has major problems. She logs into the computer and almost everything is gone, her email setup in Outlook express, all her favorites, the printer all that stuff is gone. She is using an IBM running Windows XP. We have scanned for virus and none are found.

I don't know the specifics on the server or if it is even causing the problem. I can get the info on the server if anyone needs it. I have just never seen this before and the problem has me stumped.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lacey K.

Sounds like something Deep Freeze program would do everytime you reboot the PC. Wipes off everything except for the original image it stores from the beginning. You don't have anything like that running or Norton Ghost of any kind do you?

Not that I know of. There are several computers hooked up to the server and hers is the only one that "deletes" the data like that

Is it deleting the info off the server, or her workstation? Has the server got disk quotas setup? Does it happen monthly, as in every 30 days?

I am going to say that it is deleting it off of the workstation. Her Outlook is on her computer, not the server.

Back
Top Bottom