Help with Internet Connection Sharing...

iceshooter161

In Runtime
Hey, if this is in the wrong section i'm sorry. Its just the one that seems to be the most active and the one I check daily. I just got a xbox 360 today and i'm having trouble connecting it to my network. I have a computer connected wirelessly to my router which is at the other end of my house. I have my 360 hooked up beside the wireless computer using a wired connection from the 360 to my computer. I enabled internet connection sharing on the wireless connection in my computer however, it does not assign an appropriate ip address to my xbox 360. I contacted xbox tech support and they were completely stumped. The guy sounded like he had no clue what he was talking about at all. How can I connect my xbox 360 using a wired connection to my computer which is connected to my network wirelessly? If you need any more clarification on how it is all hooked up right now let me know.

I heard about this a long time ago back when I was considering my options for hooking my original Xbox up to my high speed network. When I was looking up my options on Xbox's website I came along this Windows ICS . I bought that $100 piece for hooking my Xbox 360 to my network wirelessly works well enough for me. Originally I had a Ethernet Cable linking it up but I wanted to do away with that long cable. I don't know if this will work since you have your PC hooked up wirelessly but its worth a shot right?

Back
Top Bottom