Dvd brands...the best

biker_pavel

Solid State Member
So i read many forums and i heard a lot of people talk about dvds... but no really talks about which dvd brand is the best. So my Question is which one do you think works the best?

I heard a lot of people say that maxell is a really good brand for copieing ps2 games on to it. Is that true?

Also whats the difference between dvd brands...I still dont know what the difference is between no name brands... and brand name dvds. Is it quality... or what...the speed?

Thank you to all And plz post

Nope, infact, alot of people don't notice the difference between branded, and non-branded. The fact is, they usually have the same speed as the branded counterparts.
I personally do buy un-branded ones.

The manufacturers of cause say these won't last as long on the shelf as branded ones, and that they are more prone to errors, etc. Yet, as for errors, I've never encountered anything.

When shelf life is concerned, branded can last 100+ years, while unbranded may only last around 30 years... I'd say thats enough.

With anything though, treating it right will help it last longer. For instance, not placing the discs under bright sunlight.

I wouldnt say there is such a thing as a "best" DVD, certain players play certain discs better than other players. Its all about trying the different brands in your drive and seeing what works best for you.

And to answer your question about no named brands. Its pretty straightforward, i used to manufacture stuff like TDK and Verbatim DVD's. Those discs are tested, and then they are graded. So basically your grade A discs goto the top brands, and grade B goto the no namers. There are other grades, but i cant be bothered to go through them aswell lol.

Kage said:
When shelf life is concerned, branded can last 100+ years, while unbranded may only last around 30 years... I'd say thats enough.

Can you show me links to this information? This is pure speculation. There is no way to know this as the discs havent been round long enough to prove this. And its already been proven that some CD-ROM's are already showing signs of degredation due to the polycarbonate becoming brittle through time. Now when you take into account the fact that a DVD-Recordable, is using a light sensitive dye, then its even more likely that this will last even less time.

kk Thank for the info...
So in conclusion dvds dont really matter...depends on your dvd burner or player??

Oh can anyone answer the whcich are the best ps2 dvds...couse some dvds work better than others i think... is taht true.???

yeah ive found that out. mainly look for a good dvd player and it will play better, but as of dvds just buy the best one(as in most space and speed) brand name or not. look at the specs on it

I still need a answer for the ps2 dvds?? For example... I put a a copied game on a no brand dvd... and burned at 4x speed. I played it on my ps2 <swapmagic>The game lags. Then burned it on a better philips brand... it lagged less.

So whats the deal???

Well...it shows the neither the branded or unbranded worked properly....

Second of all, we don't personally talk about things like that on these forums. Its rather a no go situation. Even if it was just for backup purposes.

Best advice i can give ya is to use some of ya christmas money and buy the game, instead of wasting ya money on blank discs :)

Back
Top Bottom