Looking for a new cell phone!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Merry Christmas everyone!

Just got back with a lot of great presents and some money, and I'd like to spend it on a new cell phone. I have Verizon Wireless and don't get a new replacement phone until next november (right now I have an AWFUL phone)

So, I've got $200-$300 to spend on this and like I said, I already have a paid plan; so what cell phones can I look at that will do the following:

1. Preferably keep my number (I dont have a SIM card in my current phone - but I dont care about keeping my contacts)
2. Connect to a computer to put MIDI ringtones on
3. Text messaging
4. Camera (not required)
5. Speakerphone
6. Comes with charger

So what are some phones I could look at getting? I don't need anything really fancy since itll just stay in my pocket anyways - just want a nice flip phone or something like that (and like I said, I would love it if it could connect to the pc, so I could use some of my own MIDI ringtones) Would be cool if it could play MP3s as ringtones

Also, will I have to bring it to the Verizon store to get it activated? Please include this in the final cost

Thanks!

Really, just to be able to talk on the phone and to text on the phone (and have the sound quality for talking be pretty nice)

Playing actual songs isnt important to me (I already have an iPod), I just want to be able to have relatively cool ringtones that can sounds like a simplified version of a real song (instead of JUST regular ringtones). Like I said, I'd like it to be able to get ringtones from a PC, and photography isn't THAT important (but camera phones are cool)

If the camera will make the phone a lot more expensive, though, then I definitely don't need it.

Ooo, don't know about US networks, UK ones, im an expert, most phones can be unlocked though..

I got the k750i. Not that old (2 years maybe? But so what?). Does everything you say up there, and more. For instance Mp3 support.
I don't know if you have the offer where you are, but over here in the UK, you can pick up that phone for £109.99 (inc the 10 pound airtime). Its so much better than my old one.
I'll hopefully not drop it as much, because with my old phone, after a while, I had a nack of spinning it up in the air and catching it. Sometimes dropping it of course, which caused it hardly any problems actually, dispite the fact that it even went about 4 metres up in the air and then came down onto a concrete floor, hehe.

Sony Erricsons are pretty hard phones.
That said, the only reason I changed the phone, was it must have caused some damage to internals, but nothing thats stopping it from actually working. Camera still works, it still does everything. Just network goes off weirdly sometimes, and the phone resets sometimes when making a call the first time. Not to mention (the reason why I use the mobile to be honest), it sometimes wouldn't make a text until you reset, then it worked.

I just got the W850i, dropped that many a time, even been in a puddle, still working 100% though, I like Sony Ericcsons now..

Yeah, there excellent phones. The W850i's nice :)
I love the way they work too and how the menu's are setup, etc , but never got used to the T9 system Sony use in texting, unlike my phone 2x before, the Siemens A55.
Then again, I haven't exactly persisted with it.

Definietly better than the Razor, etc. Flip phones tend to (well there meant to look good) look horrible to me when open, with the hinge etc. They also tend to have less features.

32MB's memory internal on my Sony, and a 64MB Sony memory card free with it.

The 850i has 64MB internal, but I have a 2GB memory card for it, I have found an 8GB I have my eye on, hopefully go down in price soon.

I hate the Razor, and I can tell people I have the limited edition 850i, because it's White!

Hehe, I wanted the red k750i, but they only had black available. Ah well :p

64MB's not bad at all, and 8GB's would be fanastic! I'd probably use that as my personal MP3 player then. Mines sufficent at playing MP3's but I wouldn't use it for that reason.
2GB's would be plenty though for all other uses!

Haha, don't you hate it when for instance, your phone runs out of memory (older ones of course) with texts, and you have to delete messages you don't want?
It'll be horrible when it happens on these phones...yet that checking option looks useful...

Back
Top Bottom