Fitness First

JikuzeN

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, does anyone know anything about Fitness First?, a friend told me it's a awesome place to workout anytime. Am a guy that excercises alot, and Fitness First looks nice..., is it possible for me to lift weights in the gym?, most gyms don't allow teens aged 13 to lift weights ... i don't really need to (I do way too much martial arts, KungFu & Jiujitsu both at 5:30a.m, i hate how you have to wake up really early, train then go straight to school and i already have oversized biceps/six pack :p).

If you know anything about gyms/fitness first, please post thanks :).

it depends on what kind of training ya wanna do. If your into bodybuilding, then alot of gyms dont have the heavier weights required for that. If your into general fitness, then fitness first will probably be fine. Best advice i can give you is to go to a few different gyms in your area, have a workout there, meet the members and staff, try all the facilities etc, then pick ya favourite one.

Raffaz said:
it depends on what kind of training ya wanna do. If your into bodybuilding, then alot of gyms dont have the heavier weights required for that. If your into general fitness, then fitness first will probably be fine. Best advice i can give you is to go to a few different gyms in your area, have a workout there, meet the members and staff, try all the facilities etc, then pick ya favourite one.

Thanks for the advice, but will they allow teens like me to go in?, there are many gyms here don't won't allow teens to go in :mad:

Not sure where you are. Im in the UK and ive never had any problems going in any gym when i was a teen. I mean some of them want you to do a lesson with an instructor before they let you use the machines, but thats it.

As long as you are over 16, you can do anything an adult can in the gym. You have to be careful with weights tho, myself, I go to the gym four times a week standard, and do very intense weight training, finishing with some bag work, as well as a spa. All topped off with a swim and a cool down. Whole process takes about 3 hours.

If you are not used to intense training, get advice from a trainer, and take it easy. Keep it slow, and keep it calm, slowly building up in intensity.

Most gym's now-a-days have to have an induction with the equipment, most health and safety policies require them to do this. Takes 30 seconds per machine, nothing too big.

It all depends on what your training goals are aswell, if ya post this we will be to help ya more.

Also have you considered setting up a home gym?

Aha, home gym's, I wish I had one. I have a punchbag, and a self moving treadmill, and a floor exercise machine. I much prefer being round other people while training, I like the atmosphere at the gym. JikuzeN, where do you live?

Home gym's can be expensive to set up, but if you have the money, get some simple equipment and go for it!

Yeah, ive got an olympic style weightbench and 180kg of weights. Aint got a treadmill, id rather just go out and run :)

Id love a squat rack, just aint got the room for it

Nice nice, i've got some 4kg weights, which I box with, that's it, gets hard after a bit.. got some 10kg sorted though, hopefully get those tomorrow..

Back
Top Bottom