Disabling DVD Drive.

Liminator

In Runtime
Recently I've tried getting a working image of Battlefield 2142 working and people have said that disabling the drives in the BIOS works. My question is, if I do this, how am I supposed to reinstall the drives for when I want to install other games?

Ya you could just reenable them but don't you need the cd's in the drive to play the games?

Well I checked in the BIOS and see two probable options:

IDE DMA transfer
IDE Channel 1 Master

The first has either Enable or Disable.
The second has either Auto, None or Manual.

Which on should I change and to what?

I've tried disabling it in Device Manager but it still doesn't work and some people have said that the BIOS does the trick.

Well to be honest i cant see how it will work at all. I dont know your computer setup as you havent said, but what exactly are you trying to do? Can you give us more details, like how your trying to use the image?

Well I'm mounting it in DAEMON Tools so I looked up the forums and people have said that disabling the drive in Device Manager isn't enough and that the BIOS works best. So I looked and found a few options but don't know which one I should use.

My Setup:
Gigabyte Technologies K8NSC
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1.5 GB of RAM
160 GB of HDD Space

Is it a pirate? Im guessing it is, if so then i cant help ya, its against the forum rules

Back
Top Bottom