what am I after?

whats your budget? do you need a screen? mouse, keyboard? do you need a copy of windows?

Are you just looking to play CSS? If so, an AMD build wouldn't be a bad idea, considering how cheap they are. The 939s have really dropped in price, and a good old single-core 3200+ is really all you need. You could also go for an X2 3800+, but you probably wouldn't notice a huge difference, as CSS is single-threaded. Throw in a 7600GT and a gig of RAM and your system is already looking good. Just add a PSU, case, motherboard, hard drive, CD drive, monitor, and speakers... But I doubt a 3200+ and a 7600GT could play "the next version of cs in 2007." I've never even heard of it before... :D You may need DX10 and dual-core, but I haven't heard anything.

THEpiGUY said:
Are you just looking to play CSS? If so, an AMD build wouldn't be a bad idea, considering how cheap they are. The 939s have really dropped in price, and a good old single-core 3200+ is really all you need. You could also go for an X2 3800+, but you probably wouldn't notice a huge difference, as CSS is single-threaded. Throw in a 7600GT and a gig of RAM and your system is already looking good. Just add a PSU, case, motherboard, hard drive, CD drive, monitor, and speakers... But I doubt a 3200+ and a 7600GT could play "the next version of cs in 2007." I've never even heard of it before... :D You may need DX10 and dual-core, but I haven't heard anything.

how much : }

=================

I'm going to find windows in the bin somewhere.

Nah, I'll just use the cd from my old computer?

Meshios said:
how much : }

=================

I'm going to find windows in the bin somewhere.

Nah, I'll just use the cd from my old computer?

your best bet for the prices would be too look at them from the place you are going to buy the stuff from.

And if your previous computer is a prebuilt one then it's likely that you can't use the windows cd. But if you have bought the windows cd separately then it's going to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom