Linerider DS/Wii

freestyler105

Golden Master
http://www.official-linerider.com/news.html

Looks like they're coming out with Linerider for the DS and Wii! The DS controls would be pretty sweet, but I wonder how it would work for the Wii?

INXILE ENTERTAINMENT AQUIRES CONSOLE RIGHTS TO HIT INTERNET GAME LINE RIDERâ„¢!
Nintendo DS & Nintendo Wii Games Scheduled
For Spring 2007

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – Dec. 19, 2006 – Having already amassed a worldwide cult following on the internet, inXile entertainment announced today that it has acquired the rights to the hugely addictive ‘toy' Line Rider™ and that the popular game will soon be available for both the Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo Wii. Since its first appearance on the Web (www.official-linerider.com) on September 23, 2006, Line Rider has attracted over 15 million viewers to date and has spawned over 11,000 video posts on YouTube.com. Anticipated to ship in Spring 2007, Line Rider for the Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo Wii from inXile entertainment will retain all the fun and thrills of the addictive Web version, but will also include new added features.

Line Rider has received accolades from media worldwide. Time.com commented, ‘Line Rider is becoming one of the most popular flash games on the web', and The Wall Street Journal called Line Rider ‘Online gamers' new addiction'. The Toronto Star noted that Line Rider was ‘a deceptively simple online game' and stated that it has become “the latest Internet addiction”.

“I have been around the interactive entertainment industry long enough to have seen similar phenomenon like Tetris and Bejeweled become massive international hits, and Line Rider has all the elements to do the same,” said Brian Fargo, chief executive officer of inXile entertainment. “Line Rider is like a fully animated Etch-A-Sketch® and will be perfect for the Nintendo DS and Wii.”

Fargo continued, “The amazing thing is that it has appeal to almost everyone. I've watched 6 year-olds and adults play Line Rider and both were thoroughly entertained and captivated. Easy to pick up and play, and highly addictive, we are very pleased to be bringing Line Rider to video game players.”

Described as a ‘toy' by its creator Bostjan Cadez, Line Rider allows players to construct their own track filled with as many ramps, hills, and jumps as they can imagine utilizing a pencil tool. Once the player is done creating their course, they can send a virtual sledder down the route until he wipes out. The possibilities in Line Rider are only limited by physics and the player's imagination with an almost endless number of variations and replay.

"Line Rider began its life as a project I did for illustration class," commented Bostjan Cadez, who created Line Rider in his native Slovenia. “As much as people see it as a game I think of it as a toy because there is no score and no one wins or loses while playing Line Rider. I'm looking forward to working with inXile entertainment on the new Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii versions as they will bring added gameplay and features."

I hope the person that originally came out with linerider is making money and got it copyrighted

I love games like this. These kinds of games is what makes the DS so dominant over the PSP. You simply can't do such things with the PSP...the analog nub is too retarded for such usage.

alvino said:
I love games like this. These kinds of games is what makes the DS so dominant over the PSP. You simply can't do such things with the PSP...the analog nub is too retarded for such usage.
lol, god do i hate that thing

Haha, I know. :D

I imagine you'll use the Wii remote as the pencil for the Wii version of Linerider. I don't think it'll be too hard, but using the DS's stylus is certainly easier.

It makes sense to put it on the DS , I mean Line rider for the PSP would be BORING but I do love PSP's so no offence.

alvino said:
I know! That analog stick really sucks.

The Wii has got Opera, and opera comes with the flash plugin. I just tryed it go on the linerider website on the Wii, but the flash didnt really load up :( I though i was on to somthin there :p!

Back
Top Bottom