my PC restarts every 10-12 secs

whats the difference of the ram when one is 3/4 of the normal size? the one i got is 3/4 of the normal size, and im not sure if that makes the difference

so your ram is definately bad... did the person on ebay have a return policy... or is it still covered under warranty... if not you might be SOL...

EDIT: heres the sellers return policy

Ebay Page said:
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, for any reason, you may return it for a refund or exchange within 30 days from bidding date. Although burned or physically damaged memory can not be returned for exchange or refund. Shipping & handling fees and Insurance are NOT refundable for any reason. Buyer is responsible for return postage, proper packaging and insurance on all returning items. We will ship exchange item and warranty claim item at no extra charge. All returns must accompany a completed RMA Form, please download here. All returns must be in original condition.

Teny said:
whats the difference of the ram when one is 3/4 of the normal size? the one i got is 3/4 of the normal size, and im not sure if that makes the difference

What ya mean? Are you saying that its a different size to the other one you have got installed??? If it is then thats ya problem, its not the same stuff!

well, theyre both 184 pin, PC3200, and 400 Mhz, but the one i got is just 3/4 of an average size of an normal ram

hmmm, somethings wierd, i have 2 ram before the 1gb one (the one that doesnt work) the two were a 512MB and an 128 MB, they both work, then i put the 128 MB in slot 0 and the 512 MB in the slot 1, it works. but when i put the 512 in slot 0 and 128 in slot 1, i have the same problem as the 1gb by itself.

Teny said:
well, theyre both 184 pin, PC3200, and 400 Mhz, but the one i got is just 3/4 of an average size of an normal ram

this is what i mean, the one i bought looks like this
3e06_1_b.jpg

and the other one i putted on looked like this
ram.gif

Back
Top Bottom