Raid 0 hdd's?

hascet

Fully Optimized
Two questions, number one: Would I notice a difference in speed if I got two drives for Raid 0 versus just one drive. And number two: Would I notice a difference in speed with a 10,000 rpm drive versus a 7,200 rpm drive?

hascet said:
Two questions, number one: Would I notice a difference in speed if I got two drives for Raid 0 versus just one drive. And number two: Would I notice a difference in speed with a 10,000 rpm drive versus a 7,200 rpm drive?

not done :) you know I always have questions :)

What is Raid 0? actually I dont know what the whole first question is.

I got the second one :p

thanks

-Q

RAID 0 is a way of breaking up the data and moving them on two separate hard drives instead of one. It's a way of speeding it up instead of cramming everything all on one path. THere is no redundancy involved. The computer will logically be seen as having just one hard drive, but physically it has two.

It splits up the data onto the two hard drives so that when you load something up, you have 2 drives looking for the files, instead of just one, thus, loading it up faster.

Raid 0 with 10,000 rpm drives would be awesome.

Also note, that if you use this method, and one of your drives dies, then ALL your data is lost. Great for gaming, but if you have important stuff on the pc, then its not worth the risk, unless you make regular backups. This guide might be useful to ya

http://www.pctechguide.com/tutorials/RAID.htm

Back
Top Bottom