PS3s available

wow 15% sales tax up here, and i've always been a sony fan but even I am thinking about buying a xbox 360, and some of the older guys on here might remember a massive argument over which one everyone would buy and why. seems, myself and Alvino did most of the arguing :)

wow people get really retarded when it comes to new game systems. camping out for days to get one, and getting raped cuz the thing costs a million dollars, then half of them sell the stupid thing anyways. its just a damn ps3...people act like new game consoles are GOD. no wonder some people from other countries flew airplanes into our buildings, because of greedy people just trying to make a buck. but thats how we are as americans, and no, i still wouldnt change for anything. btw dont go gettin crazy on me, im not from one of those countries, hell im from indiana. just stating my opinion and i got sidetracked...

Lac3y said:
Apparently there's no demand for thme at all anymore. The initial fanboy rush has finished and ebay is reporting people are actually taking losses on the PS3s they're selling.

I think Sony is in real trouble. Not that I care.

agreed. I think Sony is in trouble despite what they may say, they didn't produce enough and there are reports that they take a 200 dollar loss on each one they sell. Seems to me the PS3 could be a flop in the making.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Personally I don't think it's worth the hype. Sony has almost no exclusivity in games anymore, and they've actually lost a few titles here and there (next Splinter Cell is Xbox 360 only).

alvino said:
Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Personally I don't think it's worth the hype. Sony has almost no exclusivity in games anymore, and they've actually lost a few titles here and there (next Splinter Cell is Xbox 360 only).

do excuse me if im wrong (i dont know too much about splinter cell games) but is this the splinter cell you're talking about alvino or is it the one after this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/752/752157p1.html ??

alvino said:
Well I would either sell it on eBay or save it until 2007, because honestly...the launch games suck. The worse thing is that you need an HDTV. The difference between HDTV and SDTV is HUGE! If you play Ridge Racer 7 on an HDTV, that's fine, but if you play it on a SDTV it's equivalent to PS2 graphics. It looks horrible.

That's one thing Sony got wrong. HDTV's haven't broadened out and the prices aren't that cheap yet (they're getting cheaper though). Not everyone has an HDTV to enjoy the graphics.
Funny, gears of war on my SDTV still looked a helluv a lot better than anything i've ever seen on the xbox. Resolution isn't everything ..

MikeReiner said:
Funny, gears of war on my SDTV still looked a helluv a lot better than anything i've ever seen on the xbox. Resolution isn't everything ..

No, but for most next-gen games it is. The difference between SDTV and HDTV for Gears of War wasn't too big, but if you look at Rainbow Six Vegas on SD and HD, the difference is HUGE. So it really depends on the game, but I meant that as the majority of next-gen gaming.

Zaki said:
do excuse me if im wrong (i dont know too much about splinter cell games) but is this the splinter cell you're talking about alvino or is it the one after this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/752/752157p1.html ??

Double Agent is coming to the PS3, I know that. Supposedly Ubisoft is taking advantage of SIXAXIS too, so that's cool. I meant the Splinter Cell after Double Agent. No official name yet, but so far rumors point to it being called Splinter Cell: Conviction. It was announced at X06 that Ubisoft would be making it exclusively for the Xbox 360.

Back
Top Bottom