Help

Yeah, when I turn corners.. It get's really annoying, because..
Like, on a completely lag free computer, I'm wicked at CS:S,
but when there's random lag spikes, happens alot when I encounter an enemy..
It just totally throws me off, and I die without even knowing what's going on.
Doesn't happen all the time, but it occurs randomly..
I'll go and get another gig of RAM tomorrow, should help.
Thanks everyone!
:)

What type of internet connection do you have, as that'll matter the most? Plus, it also depends on the server you are connecting too. If its slow, the game will be slow.

oops, yeah...it really will depend on your connection to the server you're playing on, unless you're using bots. I take it for granted that I have semi-fast internet (coming off of dial-up, it's really nice) and forget sometimes. Make sure it's not the server before you go and spend over $100 on RAM.

And like I said, adjusting the memory timings may just make all the difference, if you know what you're doing. My RAM was rated at 2.5-3-3-6, but it was running 3-3-3-8 in the BIOS. A quick change and it's now nearly perfect. But if you don't know what any of that means, don't bother with it, especially if it's your only computer and you don't know how to clear the CMOS. Setting them too low may result in failure to boot.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie.. I have no idea what the memory timings are..
So i'll stay away from all that,
Obviously for some servers it's worse than others,
I've played on loads of servers with this computer after setting it up yesterday,
And even the fast and low latency servers give me the spiking.
I'm SURE that it's the RAM, so I'll just go buy another gig of corsair 800, and I'll be good.
=)

One thing though...

Does it lag for example in Single Player mode of lets say Half Life 2 with alot of stuff happening?

If not, I doubt its the RAM.

1gb's quite alot though. I have 1GB and have never suffered any problems online gaming.

AlexM33 said:
Yeah, I'm not going to lie.. I have no idea what the memory timings are..
So i'll stay away from all that,
Obviously for some servers it's worse than others,
I've played on loads of servers with this computer after setting it up yesterday,
And even the fast and low latency servers give me the spiking.
I'm SURE that it's the RAM, so I'll just go buy another gig of corsair 800, and I'll be good.
=)

Heh, alright, have fun when you get your RAM. That's what I forgot to say: make sure you get DDR2 800 RAM unless you want yours to be bottlenecked...but I guess you've figured that out already. :D

Back
Top Bottom