my PC restarts every 10-12 secs

no, the ram didnt work, is there anything i could do? it shows the ram memory on the bios but just would log in

Well ya could post ya mobo make/model, and tell us what type of RAM ya got? so we can check compatability. Ya could also get hold of a program called memtest (google it) and fit the RAM in on its own and run a test on it to see if its faulty

Well the RAM seems compatable, but it is a cheap brand, so it could be that. Try memtest and see what happens

how could i run the memtest if my computer wont even log in when i put the ram in by itsel?

afew weeks ago i went and got myself a new stick of 1GB RAM, when i put the new stick in the machine i saw the computer was picking up the ram and everything was cool. But about 1 min later it would restart the machine and start all over again. I grabbed that Bastard ram and got back to the place i brought it from and they did a mem test and reported it was Dead, so they gave me a new one for free. just go send it back mate.

Download the ISO image, burn it to a CD and boot from the CD. All this is explained on the website, if ya read it :)

well, i ran the memtest through a floppy, and a bunch of errors showed and then it restarted again and it didnt finish checking

Back
Top Bottom