Hips.

Toby1

Daemon Poster
HIPS (Host-based intrusion-prevention system)

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering what HIPS (and on a broarder scale the overall security and optimisation) software you use, if any?

I'm currently testing out DefenseWall 1.73.

Any recommendations?

Currently my security and optimisation set up is this:

AntiVirus: Nod32 2.70.16 - With Anti-Stelth Technology on and all extra settings.
AntiSpyware: Spyware Blaster 3.54, Spy Sweeper 5.2 - All sheilds on.
Firewall: Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0 - Set to Block Most.
HIPS: DefenseWall 1.73 - Set as default.
Other: Diskeeper 10 - Set to automatically defrag when needed. Window Washer 6.0 - Set to erase all junk/temp files every time windows shuts down. TuneUp Utilities 2007 - Set to do a 1 click system maintenance every day at 5:00 pm.

You got your PC tighter then a fish's ahole. I got NOD32 the kill the bad viruses and Spybot to kill the other bad dudes and a secret all powerful firewall to block fires burning my corn fields. Also did i add i have lazers, everywhere, lazer... ZAP

joelbeveridge said:
You got your PC tighter then a fish's ahole. I got NOD32 the kill the bad viruses and Spybot to kill the other bad dudes and a secret all powerful firewall to block fires burning my corn fields. Also did i add i have lazers, everywhere, lazer... ZAP

Lol, cool.

Well, I figure, you can never have a computer locked down too tightly... There's always explots.

And it's always good to keep it running smoothly. Especially when you have a crappy CPU like a Celeron.

AntiVirus: Nod32
AntiSpyware: Spy Sweeper, Spyware doctor, Windows defender
Firewall: Hardware firewall and windows firewall
Other: Diskeeper, Window Washer, TuneUp Utilities 2006, Registry mechanic, CCleaner

Raffaz said:
AntiVirus: Nod32
AntiSpyware: Spy Sweeper, Spyware doctor, Windows defender
Firewall: Hardware firewall and windows firewall
Other: Diskeeper, Window Washer, TuneUp Utilities 2006, Registry mechanic, CCleaner

Do Registry Mechanic and CCleaner pick up more than TuneUp and Window Washer? Spyware Doctor did get rid of something that Spy Sweeper couldn't, but I still prefer Spy Sweeper.

I think the more spyware stuff you use the better your protected, i use others aswell, but cant be bothered to list them lol

First off I use Microsoft Defender and AVG Antivirus, and at a network level I use a Cisco 831 router with CBAC.

I think you're pretty well set. I would say use spyware doctor as opposed to spysweeper since it seems more stable and doesn't crash a lot but if it's working for you then keep it, they're both great at detecting spyware.

Toby said:
Lol, cool.

Well, I figure, you can never have a computer locked down too tightly... There's always explots.

And it's always good to keep it running smoothly. Especially when you have a crappy CPU like a Celeron.

Lol, i remember when i had my Celeron it would hardly run an anti-virus as well as a firewall and all that other stuff lol....

Matt

EDIT:

Heres Mine:
Anti-Virus: Avast! Professional
Firewall: Windows Firewall/Netgear DG834 Hardware Firewall
Spyware: Ad-Aware, Spybot
Other: TuneUp 2007, Diskeeper

Antivirus: Avast!
Spyware: AdAware
Firewall: Linksys WRT54G hardware firewall
Other: Registry Mechanic

My pc runs like butta...