Buying a car

Unless there is anything wrong with your Corolla that you want to get out from under, dont sell it.

That would be smart to pay it off and save money..

One less thing to worry about you know..

The car's in great condition. I guess I just want something with more power. The Evos are nice to have and probably fun to drive as well. I don't know. I'm just thinking in the long run, the manual shifting will get to me. I encounter traffic every single day. Sometimes I wish a giant hand would come down from the sky and scoop up everyone in front of me.

Not enough power?

Mods FTW...

Cold air makes it sould great..
Turbo..
SuperCharger
Strut Bar
Racing suspension
Lowering Springs

You can have some real fun with that car. You know that... Lol modding out you're car is alot cheaper then buying a brand new faster stock one.

Lol I just noticed, it says there are 21 replies to this thread, and there are actually 23.

Now 24, but yeah... thats from the posting errors.

At the same time, I have to worry about SMOG. Especially living out here in california, we have the toughest SMOG law int he country. My Corolla has the supercharger and all that except for the CAI. It won't pass SMOG with it on. That's why I like a car that's already got the power in it and all I have to do is a little modding on the outside, that's it.

TRDCorolla said:
At the same time, I have to worry about SMOG. Especially living out here in california, we have the toughest SMOG law int he country. My Corolla has the supercharger and all that except for the CAI. It won't pass SMOG with it on. That's why I like a car that's already got the power in it and all I have to do is a little modding on the outside, that's it.
Yeah, it sucks living out in california with all the SMOG stuff. But they do have SMOG legal headers and things of that nature, just search around and you'll find them.

DC Sports make one for my car and it is CARB approved, but I don't think it will pass the actual emissions test though. Visually, the SMOG techs can test it because of that CARB number, but with all the stuff I have in the Corolla already--it will make it tough to be within passing level. I hate all these SMOG stuff on our cars. So much restrictions. But, it helps protect our environment so I won't hold too much of a grudge on that.

I hear that Arizona and Florida don't have SMOG regulations. Even if they do, it's not heavy like most other states.

Here in PA we have smog testing only in the big cities. And everywhere else it's just a visual, they check to make sure you have an EGR and a catalytic converter and thats it. They don't even have to put a sticker on it or anything.

Lucky me living in Canada, where i think only Ontario has any smog testing done. TRD i was too lazy to read this whole tread because im pissed that my "im back" thread wont go on. but i would buy a Pontiac GTP Comp G, mostly because i love pontiac GTP's. or get a new mustang, more than enough power in those V8's for ya

Creating threads can be a pain because of the errors that occur. You haven't been on for quite awhile. Since your thread couldn't be created, I'll welcome you back. I've been thinking on staying with imports--mainly Japanese. I had a very brief thought on the new Mustangs, but that idea faded faster than I can say Fix or Repair Daily. I guess I hear so much about how good Japanese cars are when it comes to reliability and customer service that it made me believe that they make the best cars. I don't know. Maybe I'll still consider the IS250/350 or the Infiniti G35. Maybe get the sport Camry which has a pretty nice price.

Back
Top Bottom