Partitoin magic 8 says disk is full, and cant create new partition larger than 8mb

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I just got partition magic 8 because I want to divide my harddrive a bit. Well, I got it running and all, and can create a new partition, but I cant get it bigger than 7.8 mbs. It says my other partition is completely used, even though only half of the 230mbs are used. How do I make my new partition bigger, and my old one smaller?

Re: Partitoin magic 8 says disk is full, and cant create new partition larger than 8mb

I know this is probably a tuff question but any help would be great.

Re: Partitoin magic 8 says disk is full, and cant create new partition larger than 8mb

I cant do anything with the main C disk partition. This is really annoying and I cant seem to find a solution to the problem. I really need some help with it.

Can u clarify your problem for us? Post the screenshot of the problem on www.imageshack.us

And also, list how many partitions you have and their sizes and types (primary, extended, or logical)

Theres a picture if it helps. Maybe Vista is stopping it from using space off the local disk C.

when you go to my computer it doesnt ask you to format C: when you try to open it?

You need to resize the C partition and make it smaller, Thats if it will let ya with it being your active partition. Also note that you sometimes get data loss when making a partition smaller, so you will need to back up first.

Well it'll be kind of hard to back up my stuff, as my mydocuments is 56gbs. Can I still back it up? Also no, it will not let me resize my local disk C.

Wasnt sure if it would let you do it with it being active. The only thing i can think of is back up your stuff to another drive and then do a clean install and change your partition size before you install the OS.

Well, does what I'm trying to do usually work for other people? Maybe if I was running partition magic on windows XP it would work?

Back
Top Bottom