my PC restarts every 10-12 secs

delmy5983

Beta member
Hi,

My PC keeps restarting. I have laptop and a Desktop PC. Yesterday I cut all my documents and pictures from my laptop to my Desktop PC. Well I used a flash drive to cut all my files and paste them on to my desktop. Well my laptop works just fine, but my PC doesn't. Every time I enter my password on the PC it restarts by its self . Now that I want to get an old file I have no way of accessing it. I have Windows XP for both. Can anyone help me.

Things I have tried:
-I have tried to sign in like 6 times.
-I have unplugged it from the wall a few times.
-I have shut it off using the button twice.

PLEASE HELP ME,

Thanks in advance,

Delmy :(

Ha ha, ive just answered your question in another forum, but here it is again

Have you actually managed to log into windows? If not then you can use last known good configuration. Restart the pc and tap F8, you should get a menu with last known good, on it. If you get a different menu, then restart it again and wait a bit longer before tapping F8. Once thats done it should boot upno problem. . . .hopefully :)

Ok test time. - Can you get into BIOS? If you can, i want you to enter bios and leave the bios open for about 10mins, just testing if its RAM that might be messing you around and the bios is the best place to test. 2nd test- If nothing happens while in bios for 10mins, restart your machine and Press F8 at startup about 10times like my Old mate Raff told you. This will give you a nice pretty menu to pick from, now i want you to go into safe mode and see if it restarts the machine. Plz do this and get back to us. : )

Thanks you guys...I logged on this morning and everything is fine... I have like two years worth of pics ans documents on it that really mattered.

i have the same problem, i just bought a new 1gb ram, and putted it in. i open my computer, everything goes fine, then my comp restarts and goes to the safe mode or start normally thing, . i chose last known configuration, safe mode, and start normally, after i chose one of those the windows loading shows up and start loading, and i though it worked, but right when it got to the Welcome screen, it restarts again. i could open up my bios and leave it on for 10 min, and nothing happens. any help?

So its a problem with ya RAM then, its either damaged or not compatable. Try the new RAM on its own and see if it works

Back
Top Bottom