It comes up with
"*** Warning, CPU fan fail or too slow"
Something like that..
I can easily turn the warning off,
And it doesn't seem to be effecting my comp,
But I'm worried that it could really be a bad thing
When I'm not playing games..
I sit at around a maximum of 44ºF.
Anyone know what I can do to get rid of this stupid error?
It beeps 4 times when it comes up, and it's really annoying.
Any suggestions would be MORE than great.

Yeah, I'm really confused about it.. I'm going to a shop to get it checked out tomorrow.
It happened right when I plugged and set up everything this evening.

This happened with me when I accidentally plugged in my AC Freezer 64 Pro into the CHASSIS FAN slot instead of the CPU FAN slot. Nothing bad happened, just the error message. Just check to make sure you plugged it into the CPU FAN port. Run PC Probe if you have it installed or SpeedFan and check the speed of the CPU fan, and if it sounds normal, there's no need to be worried. And did you mean 44ºC? Regardless, those temperatures at load are very respectable, especially if Fahrenheit. :eek:

Clean the fan out,(while your there clean out the box of dust).lol... Check cables. Do BIOS update. Try also going into BIOS and loaded default settings then save and exit. sometimes the bios needs a kick in the butt.

Yeah, I sit at 44ºF lol, it's quite low.
And, I just got my comp yesterday, it was shipped to me..
So I'm pretty sure everything is assembled right, I'm going to try
to run those programs and give you an update.

While I'm at it.. When I'm playing CS:S, I get some choppy times, and random lag spikes..
Is this because I only have 1g of RAM? Because..
I was going to transfer over a gig from my old pc,
But I found out it was the wrong type.

yeah, I would have taken the "Send it in" option as a last resort...it probably costed you a butt load... But I guess its fixed now?

still say you should have bought a can of air (Dust Romover) and cleaned out your whole PC and made sure your fan was plugged in the right spot :p would have saved

-Q

AlexM33 said:
While I'm at it.. When I'm playing CS:S, I get some choppy times, and random lag spikes..
Is this because I only have 1g of RAM? Because..
I was going to transfer over a gig from my old pc,
But I found out it was the wrong type.

It's probably the RAM; I can't really think of anything else it would be, as that looks like a very nice computer. Does it mainly happen when you go around a corner e.g. and venture upon a new area of a map (for that session)? Or a bit laggy at the beginning of gameplay? If so, it's probably the RAM, but even 1 gig of RAM seems like it would be enough to run CSS smoothly. Mine does, except for the first few seconds; at least, I'm assuming it's the RAM. It doesn't bother me though, because usually I'm not in combat during the first second. :p Maybe playing with the timings will help out for you, but I'd only do that if you know what you're doing (and if you know how to clear the CMOS).

Back
Top Bottom