What speeds do you get with your dial-up?

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi,
I have posted things kind of like this before, but never asked this, What speed of connection do you get with your dial-up? I dont even know what mine is, but I know its slow. Downloads go at 2.71 kbs or so. Thats way to slow. What speeds do you get, and how do I check what speeds I am getting?

well, I useally got 32kb/s when I was on dial up,

to check what your speed is -

At the bottom right on the toolbar will be a picture of 2 monitors if you are connected, and two monitors with an x through them if you are not.
When you are connected put your mouse pointer over the two monitors, not clicking, and it will tell ya :D

with dial up I usually got 32 and SOMETIMES 40 kb/s

Keep in mind dial up s*c*s :D with DSL

with a cat5 I get 100 MBPS thats Mega.. you get Kila
with wireless care (my dad has) he gets 11 MBPS

so as you can see, wired is alot better than wireless...

-Q

Captain Pooka said:
with a cat5 I get 100 MBPS thats Mega.. you get Kila
with wireless care (my dad has) he gets 11 MBPS

so as you can see, wired is alot better than wireless...

-Q

These speeds displayed for you are network speeds, not internet speeds.

the best way is to goto a speed test site online and run that, just do a search and ya will find loads of them

most times when you do connect to your ISP it does give you a fair reading of just how fast your connected at. But with Dialup you can really feel the effects of Spyware and other bad things alot more then if your on DSL, Also if you have some sort of cap plan with your Dialup it will seem slower becuase you might have gone over your plan for that month. Most people think because you have a 56kbit modem installed that its always going to be connected at 56kb and always be like that. here is a site that might help

http://www.pmasoft.net/englisch/tor/Check My Download Speed.html

Free tool that shows your speeds.

Well its downloading now. The first person that posted said he gets 6kbs download rate. How come I only get like 2.5? Is there anyway to boost the speed of my machine?

One idea I had for our house, since we cant get any highspeed, was to activate our second phone line at our house just for internet. But than we'd have to pay for a phone service as well correct?

44 minutes to download 1 megabyte at that rate? Noooo...

I get about 2.7-3 kb/s downloads on dialup, and it connects at about 24.0 kbps. I can't get broadband internet here either, but I stay on a single phone line, it's too expensive to get another one... :(

WOW! i couldnt live with that speed lol. I just done that test and could do the 1meg download in 2.4 seconds. How do you guys cope lol

Back
Top Bottom