Save the internet!

I have to say that when i clicked on that link it was the first time i had been on the Utube website and i found it really cool. I did like the save the internet thing, but im not giving any more money to you hippies, i just gave 5 dollars to save some stupid whales today, so no more helping.. lol :p

lol. i wasn't asking for donations. just for you all to fill out the form at their website telling your congress members you don't want it 2 happen.

If this was serious, it would be all over the media, newspapers, the TV. It will never happen.

So is this just something going on in the states then? It makes no mention of the rest of the world (not that i noticed like)

This was bound to happen sooner or later. Think of it as premium cable tv. You have your basic TV then you pay extra for HBO, Cinemax etc etc. They want to do that to the internet. Basically as I understood it, say verizon scores a deal with youtube. They have 5mb/s download vs standard restricted internet at 2mb/s. I just pulled these from my head so don't think thats the scale but a rough idea. Personally I don't care because i'm on 56k. If I could even get 50kb/s download I'd be happy as hell. Let alone 4mb vs 8mb download speed.... Maybe they should worry about getting hi-speed internet everywhere first. My only current option is satallite internet and its $60 a month plus $600 for the dish.

Back
Top Bottom