Help!

actingboi08

Beta member
My laptop has been having several problems lately. Programs won't install... there were several bugs and it was running very slow. I decided just to scrap it... use my Wipe Drive and re-install XP. So I thought it wiped it clear (because it shut off) and I tried to install XP. It said no Os found then booted up the cd... but it didnt even start to install just said error 7 and shut off. I re-inserted Wipe Drive to check it was clear... however it shut off again about 1/3 of the way through checking. My battery is fully charged and it is plugged in. What should I do? Thanks so much!

Your gonna have to be a little more clear, but any way it just seems like you are trying to reformat and reinstall XP on your system.

Answer the following questions for me:

Your laptop was made by some manufacturer, who and what "recovery tools" did they provide you to recover your system?

Do you by any chance have an OEM or original and seperate copy of XP laying around. This way instead of using your manufacturers recovery tools which are general terrible, you can install a clean copy of XP and do selctive installations of programs you actually need.

Yeah... its an Hp... and I am not using any of their software. The only thing I am using is an Xp disc. I do have a system recovery that i could use from Hp... but i'm not really sure

Back
Top Bottom