Best gameing PC?

spacer.gif

[1] Area-51® 7500

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 - Free Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium! - With Media Center Remote Control
Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis - Space Black
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Astral Blue
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 18x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
Graphics Processor: Dual 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTX - SLI Enabled - Requires 1000W Power Supply!

Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20.1" 5ms Flat Panel - Black
Sound Card: Alienware® Edition Sound Blaster® X-Fi® Elite High Definition 7.1 Audio
Keyboard: Alienware® USB Full-Size Keyboard
Mouse: Alienware® Optical 3-Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service
Alienware Exclusive Offers: 10% off your next EB Games online purchase - Offer Valid Online Only
Alienware Exclusive Offers: GameFly - Unlimited Game Rentals for 15 days - FREE TRIAL
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mousepad
Alienware Extras: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - $100 Value - FREE!
Alienware Extras: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - $100 Value - FREE!

Thats what I built on alienwares website, and the total comes out to $6009, WITHOUT tax and shipping...but those are the best parts out right now(Quad core processor, and dual 8800 GTX's!!!). Also, I didn't know if you needed a monitor or not, so I included a 20.1 inch flat screen, which if you don't need will save you a few extra bucks

i personally like HP's, but I know other people on here dont like them, idk why

but if you do want an hp, you can customize what parts you want on their website

Copperhead said:
i personally like HP's, but I know other people on here dont like them, idk why

but if you do want an hp, you can customize what parts you want on their website

I don't know why either, we have had 3 HP/Compaq computer, and none of them have problems. Except for the one at work that likes to randomly change to a resolution that the monitor can't display, forcing you to hold the power button until it shuts off.

If you can afford it, Alienware isn't bad if you can't build yourself. I don't understand why they wouldn't last long, as most computers will last years and years, as long as you don't physically abuse it.

DELL XPS 700
u can get a good gaming comp for bout 3grand
very goood

i also suggest building your own comp
u get what ever u want and its cheaper

dammmn thats a hot ass alien.. but anyhow, try building that custom.. for me it came to about: $5550.28 with shipping to Maine.

without mouse, keyboard and case (only add like 200 more)

I even added 2 extra gigs of memory, so you'd have 4gigs. I got everything as the most expensive in the category newegg.com had to offer.

I seriously hope that if you get the 8800's (and this entire computer) you won't be playing just the Sims on it. I should hope you're playing something along the lines of FEAR and PREY, or mmog's such as WoW. These are memory consuming games, and require a relatively good computer to play. If you're just playing the Sims type of games (as in not very hardcore/intense games) then PLEASE don't waste your money on something like this. You'll be getting like 100000+ FPS in the Sims with this beast.

Thats because CRT's are old tech. To be honest, LCDs are ALMOST just as good as CRTs. Only the contrast ratio and the resolution flexibility isnt there. That's all.

Yeah well, to me, persnally, that contrast ratio makes the difference between a great looking game and a "meh" looking game, but that only applies to games like, theif3, doom3, quake4, or any other game where it's really dark or something.. the back light just ruins the atmosphere for me.

I hope LCDs beat CRTs in contrast ratio soon...

Back
Top Bottom