Question about installing an Harddrive and a new Memory

gangster

BSOD
I am planing on puting and new harddrive and a new memory in my computer. My computer is a Gateway and is very old so I need a little help. I dont know what an Harddrive or an memory looks like so could someone please post me a picture of an Harddrive so I could know how is looks because this is my first time also could someone please post me a picture of an Memory because my computer has an 128Mb and I was thinking about upgrading to atleast an 256Mb so could someone please post me a picture of both so I could know how they look. Thanks

They all pretty much use the same pics for hard drives.....

22-144-417-02.JPG

memory.jpg

There a picture of memory the one you have is probably one of the two bottom ones I would think

when installing the harddrive -

first of all you have to set the jumpers right.

When you look at the top of the harddrive you see alot of pins, and a little black thing that covers 2 of them. Now, when you look on the FronT of the hard drive you see 3 or 4 pictures that show you were to put the jumper(blackthing) for what you want. you will want Master for your new harddrive.. and if you want to keep your old one then set that for slave...
Look at how you disconnect the cables when you take out your old hdd(hard drive) and put those the same way :D lol ..if someone esle can explain this? :D thanks

installing the memory.. you just need to buy the same memory and you can have your 128 in there at the same time as your new 256 and you will have ..384? never heard of that one.. anyways, you just slip it in one of those slots next to your other memory stick and it should work by itsself...

please someone, corect me if im wrong...

hope this helps!
-Q

Back
Top Bottom